Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SSalle1644944058
Contributor II
Contributor II

Migration Project to Talend Version 1.7.3 to Talend 1.8

Hello,

I am trying to migrate a project from Talend Open Studio for Data Integration version 7.3.1 to version 8.01.

But I have an error failed to download the following jars: [snowflake-jdbc-3.13.8.jar]

Do you have any idea to solve it?

Best regards

Sébastien Salle

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SSalle1644944058
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I installed version 11 it works thank you

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

When does this error occur? Is it when you are opening a Job or when you are doing the import? I presume you have exported your old project from v7.3.1 into a zip file, then tried to import it into v8?

Also, where is your v8 installation installed? I presume you are on Windows. Is it close to the root of the drive or in a deeply nested folder?

SSalle1644944058
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

It happens when I open the job at the end of the import.I actually generated a zip since version 7.3.1 and then import into the 8.

I let the installer choose the default path so in Program Files (x86). Do I need to install it at the root like version 7.3.1?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, I see. I basically just take the zip download and unzip it to somewhere like D:\Talend when using Windows. I currently use a Mac, so don't have to worry so much. Unfortunately with Windows there is a path length limit for some reason. It is explained here....

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/fileio/maximum-file-path-limitation?tabs=cmd

This can cause issues for the Studio due to there being lots of nested folders in the build. So it is always best to keep it as close to the root of the drive as possible on Windows. This may not be the cause, but I would check this first if it were me.

SSalle1644944058
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello I put the folder at the root but I still have a problem.

I put the logs

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, that was the first thing I would have checked. I've looked through your log file and it says you are using Java 17.0.2. This is not currently a supported version. The supported Java versions for this release are shown here....

https://help.talend.com/r/en-US/8.0/installation-guide-open-studio-for-data-integration-windows/compatible-java-environments

SSalle1644944058
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I installed version 11 it works thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

No problem. Thanks for raising this and getting back to my suggestions. It gives me more to go on when trying to identify the cause of problems like these.