Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarinAfni
Contributor III
Contributor III

Network is unavailable; please fix it.

Hello,

I've got a current production Talend Open Studio environment running on version 6.3. That machine's OS is running out of support so I'm in the process of standing up a new windows machine on WIndows Server 2019 with Talend 8.0. I've installed TOS_DI-20211109_1610-V8.0.1-windows-installer and I'm running Java JDK 11.0.18.

I've set the proxy bypass for http://talend-update.talend.com:443 from the Window -> Preferences -> General -> Network Connection settings.

0695b00000huov1AAA.png

I am still getting the Network is unavailable; please fix it error while trying to run a process that requires a microsoft jtds jar file:

0695b00000huowJAAQ.png

I also added the -Dtalend.proxy.HttpClient.useDefaultSettings=true argument to that TOS_DI-win-x86_64.ini file and that hasn't resolved the issue.

Can you please advise what I'm doing wrong? I've reviewed all the other previous discussion boards on this topic and nothing is solving the issue.

Thanks,

Darin

Labels (2)
8 Replies
DarinAfni
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I had my problems with this when I tried to upgrade to version 7.1 way back when and I'm still having this issue now.

https://community.talend.com/s/question/0D53p00007vD19iCAC/i-cant-download-third-party-jar-files

anselmopeixoto
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi @Darin Coulter​ 

I believe there's a firewall that is blocking the connection and the proxy bypassing by itself won't solve it.

Are you able to try it using a different connection?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Darin Coulter​ ,

is your studio behind a proxy? if yes, it need to setup the proxy host/port like the below

0695b00000hurgoAAA.pngAlso, please change the proxy bypass to talend-update.talend.com:443 in your above snapshot.

DarinAfni
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I'm not sure if all those highlighted fields for host, port, etc need to be populated with something or not? I've done what you shared in the screenshot.

0695b00000husg0AAA.png 

I've tested access to that url on that port through powershell and that works. I can get to that website from Edge on that machine.

0695b00000huscFAAQ.png0695b00000husfgAAA.png 

Still I can't download jar files from Talend Studio.

DarinAfni
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I don't know if this matters or not but in the Preferences -> Install/Update -> Available Software Sites there is no entry there on my new 8.0 install:

0695b00000husiaAAA.png 

But in my current production version on the 2012 box TOS version 6.3 there's this:

0695b00000husiuAAA.png 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Darin Coulter​ ,

I can't reproduce the issue in my side, how about to unzip or re-install a new studio 8 in a new folder to re-try?

Best regards

Aiming

DarinAfni
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I've done that and there's no change in the studio behavior.

I do have it installed on the E drive rather than C drive but so is my current production environment and this shouldn't affect the ability to download jar files.

Thanks,

Darin

DarinAfni
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

At this point, I'm just manually downloading the specified jar files from the web front end and importing them into the studio as they're called out each time I migrate a different workspace.

Incredibly annoying but I'm making it work.