Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not able to run Data Quality Tool on Mac OS Mojave

After successfully installing Talend Data Quality Tool on my mac with Mac-OS Mojave, when i try running the app it gives a configuration error. I have Java 11 as well as Java 8 running on my machine. Attaching the configuration log for reference.

Many students in my class with Mac-OS Mojave machines are facing the same issue (I am Masters in Data Science Student). Kindly help resolving this issue.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vapukov
Master II
Master II

you must check - what java is default and point Studio to use proper (means version 😎

in Finder click on TOS application and select show package context, inside edit info.plist:

<key>Eclipse</key>
		<array>
			<!-- to use a specific Java version (instead of the platform's default) uncomment one of the following options,
					or add a VM found via $/usr/libexec/java_home -V
				<string>-vm</string><string>/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Commands/java</string>
				<string>-vm</string><string>/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.8.0.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java</string>
			-->
			<string>--launcher.ini</string>
			<string>$APP_PACKAGE/../TOS_BD-macosx-cocoa.ini</string>
			<string>-keyring</string><string>~/.eclipse_keyring</string>
			<string>-showlocation</string>
			<!-- WARNING:
				If you try to add a single VM argument (-vmargs) here,
				*all* vmargs specified in eclipse.ini will be ignored.
				We recommend to add all arguments in eclipse.ini
			 -->
		</array>

un-comment and edit proper vm settings

<string>-vm</string><string>/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.8.0.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java</string>

pus because it is Mojave, check this link - https://community.talend.com/t5/Migration-Configuration-and/Talend-Studio-crashes-on-OS-X-Mojave-Mac...

View solution in original post

2 Replies
vapukov
Master II
Master II

you must check - what java is default and point Studio to use proper (means version 😎

in Finder click on TOS application and select show package context, inside edit info.plist:

<key>Eclipse</key>
		<array>
			<!-- to use a specific Java version (instead of the platform's default) uncomment one of the following options,
					or add a VM found via $/usr/libexec/java_home -V
				<string>-vm</string><string>/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Commands/java</string>
			-->
			<string>--launcher.ini</string>
			<string>$APP_PACKAGE/../TOS_BD-macosx-cocoa.ini</string>
			<string>-keyring</string><string>~/.eclipse_keyring</string>
			<string>-showlocation</string>
			<!-- WARNING:
				If you try to add a single VM argument (-vmargs) here,
				*all* vmargs specified in eclipse.ini will be ignored.
				We recommend to add all arguments in eclipse.ini
			 -->
		</array>

un-comment and edit proper vm settings

pus because it is Mojave, check this link - https://community.talend.com/t5/Migration-Configuration-and/Talend-Studio-crashes-on-OS-X-Mojave-Mac...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks, this works 0683p000009MACn.png