Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
A_San
Contributor
Contributor

Open Studio giving error in Windows 10 but working fine in Windows 7

I created few Talend ETL jobs in Windows 7 which worked fine. I was given a new laptop with Windows 10. When I exported and imported the jobs, I am getting these compilation errors only in Windows 10 which worked perfectly fine in Windows 7. I didn't change anything. Attached the screenshots of the error. 

Then I deleted everything in Windows 10 thinking that my export and import didn't work properly, did a fresh installation and created the job again from scratch but I am still getting the same errors.

Labels (2)
14 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi
If you have multiple Java installation on your machine, you can specify a JRE version to launch studio, please refer to this topic.
https://community.talend.com/t5/Installing-and-Upgrading/resolved-Couldn-not-run-TOS-V3-2-2-in-a-RHE...

Regards
Shong
A_San
Contributor
Contributor
Author

@shong 

Hi Shong,

I am running TOS on Windows. I tried the command in cmd prompt. Not sure if I am doing anything wrong. Could you please guide me?

./TalendOpenStudio-linux-gtk-x86 -vm C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_241\bin
'.' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Also, my job is working fine after I uninstalled Java 12 and installed Java 8 but still the .log shows version 12.0.1. 

0683p000009M8nT.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@A_San, you are using Windows system, the command looks like:
Talend Studio installation directory>Talend-Studio-win-x86_64.exe -vm C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_241\bin
A_San
Contributor
Contributor
Author

@shong  I am getting an error. Please see the screenshot below.

0683p000009M95v.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess the problem is that there is a blank space in the JDK installation path, try to add single quote surround 'Program Files' or install JDK in a short path which don't contain special characters such as blank space, '-' etc.