Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prasnah
Contributor
Contributor

Salesforce Connection Failure: connection was not created, invalid credentials or user locked out

I have been trying to connect to Salesforce Sandbox(Dev Environment) with user credentials & I am on a sys admin profile with API enabled. & no Ip restrictions I reset my pw and token, added right URL in Advanced settings, but still keep getting this error

talend ioexception:com.sforce.ws.connectionexception: connection was not created, invalid credentials or user locked out

Any suggestions ?

Labels (3)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Pras Nah​ ,

What's the Salesforce URL in tSalesforceConnection advanced settings?

In my side, it's "https://login.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/52.0" , and it's working as the below

0695b00000fKV64AAG.pngif it doesn't help, please try to reset both the password and the security token (in this order) in Salesforce to grant that user access to SOAP APIs.

see https://trailhead.salesforce.com/trailblazer-community/feed/0D54S00000A7bC0SAJ

Best regards

Aiming

prasnah
Contributor
Contributor
Author

@Aiming Chen​ It makes no sense to me, I used the exact same URL but dnt work. It worked after multiple attempts and now when I tried to retrieve the schema I get this error

Save failed!

org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Error when saving the connection

at org.talend.repository.generic.ui.GenericConnWizard$1.run(GenericConnWizard.java:311)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2313)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2338)

at org.talend.repository.generic.ui.GenericConnWizard.createOrUpdateConnectionItem(GenericConnWizard.java:319)

at org.talend.repository.generic.ui.GenericConnWizard.performFinish(GenericConnWizard.java:259)

at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.finishPressed(WizardDialog.java:832)

at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:472)

at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog.lambda$0(Dialog.java:619)

at org.eclipse.swt.events.SelectionListener$1.widgetSelected(SelectionListener.java:84)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:252)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:89)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4441)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1512)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1535)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1520)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Widget.java:1324)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4227)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3837)

at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:823)

at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:799)

at org.talend.repository.generic.action.GenericAction.doRun(GenericAction.java:71)

at com.cedarsoftware.util.io.ObjectResolver.readIfMatching(ObjectResolver.java:625)

... 87 more

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Pras Nah​ ,

In the request it makes to feed its metadata, it does access the objects, but for those that have a default value that does not suit it, it cannot save it. For example, in a salesforce date column, a default function is used to calculate today's date when the field is empty. I think this function not interpreted by Talend is the cause of the blocking of the loading of the object.

As a test, could you please setup the Module Name to "Contact" for tSalesforceInput to see if it can retrieve the schema fields?

0695b00000fKVFkAAO.pngBest regards

Aiming