Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sandbox installation, Virtual Machine

I tried to install the trial version  - I am having issues.
I plan on using CDH (Cloudera distribution) - I am running Mac and per instructions in the CDH Cookbook - I could use VMWare Fusion or VirtualBox (Oracle) for Mac - I am using VirtualBox. The instructions ask to look for 2 files in the download  
Section 1.1.2 (cookbook documentation).
1. Extract the compressed file to your local machine
                   a. There should be two files of type .vmx and .vmdk 
I am not able to see those files. I downloaded the zip file (it was 2.3 GB) as instructed from the Talend website.
can you help ? basically not able to fire the VM to start  with. is there any documentation specific to installing sandbox using VirtualBox ..
questions I have are - 
a) what OS should I choose to run VM on ? Windows ? Linux ? others ?   I am using Mac machine as my client.
b) How do I import or create the VM image ?

Labels (2)
12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello, It sounds like either you have downloaded the Studio and not the Sandbox or the Download failed?  The Sandbox VM should be about 6-7GB in size. If you have the VM it should just start up without any OS specs needed. it is a full build and configured environment.
Can you tell me the name of the file you downloaded?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

the zip file name is Talend-Studio-20141207_1530-V5.6.1 
is that the right one ?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That is not the Talend Sandbox that you have downloaded, that is the studio which is Talend Development IDE for building Talend Processes.  It is not not the Sandbox is a Virtual Machine appliance that includes the studio preconfigured to work with a Hadoop cluster.  In this case it is the Cloudera Sandbox you are looking for.
I recommend you revisit the site and redownload the VM.  Make sure you watch for a email with a file called license attached, you will need it to start the studio on the VM.
http://www.talend.com/talend-big-data-sandbox 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

ok. thanks . I will download the sandbox  -already started it is 6.7 GB.
It appears - I can not get the license key again - as it was already sent to my email yesterday (when I downloaded the studio yesterday instead of sandbox). will the same license key work ?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Does the email say "Sandbox" any where in the email?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

yes it does - it says something like...
Talend Big Data Sandbox
Your 30-Day Evaluation Begins Here
Please find attached your 30-day evaluation license key. To install your license follow the instructions in the Big Data Insights Cookbook.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Great then hold on to that you will need t o put that file into the VM, you can either use a webmail client in the VM to retrieve that file or sFTP is installed on the VM as well.  
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

finally was able to start the VM but got into another problem. I am not able to have 2 Network adapters (as cookbook says it should have both NAT and Host Only) - NAT is there, but can not enter Host-Only . attached screen has the error message. also attaching the screen shot.. thanks a lot! I think we are almost there. I was not able to do FTP of the License to the VM (used Filezilla) - but was not able to connect to VM. I think the second network adapter could be the problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

From Inside the VM can you connect to the internet through a browser?  If so then you don't need the Host-Only and if you can get to the Internet from the browser inside the VM can you access the Email that has the license file?  Or can you forward the email to a email account like gmail or yahoo that you can then access and retrieve from there?