Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

TALEND on windows server 2008 R2 standard 64 bits

Hello,
i want to know if TALEND Open Studio runs on windows server 2008 R2 standard 64 bits.
Thank you for your answer,
SylvainP
Labels (2)
14 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi
Yes, we have users install TOS on windows server 2008 R2 standard 64 bits, we are required to fix the problem if you are getting any problem on it.
Best regards
Shong
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your answer.
Where can i find the version for 64 bits ? because, when i see the download page, i can see only the version for windows 32 bits.
Is it the TOS-All-V4.2.0RC2 for windows 32, Unix and Linux who runs on windows 64 bits ?
thanks,
SylvainP
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi
Is it the TOS-All-V4.2.0RC2 for windows 32, Unix and Linux who runs on windows 64 bits ?

Yes, for 64bit platform, you have to download TOS-All-V4.2.0RC2.
Best regards
Shong
tale103108
Contributor III
Contributor III

I am having issues running the 64-bit version of Talend Open Studio on Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit. 32-bit Talend runs ok. I get ' No Java virtual machine was found after searching the Talend installed directory. Tried adding the path to the installed JRE javaw and I still get errors but of a different nature ( a long message with exit code = 1 ).
Cheers!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi
Type two commands in commandline to check whether you set JDK and JRE correctly.
javac -version
java- version
Wait for you feedback.
Regards,
Pedro
tale103108
Contributor III
Contributor III

javac -version
'javac' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
java -version
java version "1.6.0_30"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_30-b12)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-bit Server VM (build 20.5-b03, mixed mode)
Cheers!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

javac -version
'javac' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
java -version
java version "1.6.0_30"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_30-b12)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-bit Server VM (build 20.5-b03, mixed mode)
Cheers!

Hi
Here is conclusion.
You didn't set Java environment variables correctly, which leads to this error.
Regards,
Pedro
tale103108
Contributor III
Contributor III

Pedro,
If true -- Java env not set correctly -- then why does the 32-bit Talend run ok?
Also, please show how to set Java env variables?
Cheers!
tale103108
Contributor III
Contributor III

Well I have Talend Open Studio 4.0.3 64-bit running but now the 32-bit version will not run. See image for error.
Cheers!