Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

TOS-DI 7.0.1 with Mac OS X Mojave

Hi!

So, I upgraded to Mojave this morning.  I was trying to use a tMap component in my Designer and after I entered the editor for the tMap, I clicked "OK" and TOS crashed to desktop.

Is this a known bug or am I just running into some type of config issue?

Thanks!

Adam

Labels (2)
118 Replies
Ed6
Contributor III
Contributor III

Agreed, the OP and I are not currently running machines with a touch bar either.0683p000009M0iz.png

chnet1
Contributor
Contributor

no touchbar in use here as well - just a 5k iMac with Magic Trackpad 2.

And to ensure that this does not cause the issue - tested with cable usb mouse - same issue click on Ok in tMap crashes the application.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This is very frustrating. This started becoming a major issue. We are unable to modify our existing jobs. Almost every job has a tMap component. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I installed a VM on Mac OS High Sierra to work in waiting the fix .... but it's understanding that an app like Talend didn't check the compatibility with all major OS 0683p000009MPcz.png ... 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello @here,

Talend Open Studio 7.1.1 release is now available. There is a fix in 7.1.1 that was integrated at the very last minute for the Mojave OS issue. With talend open studio, you could upgrade to 7.1.1 to see if it works.

When you are using Mac OS X Mojave 10.14.1, please modify the Talend-Studio-macosx-cocoa.ini and add a line with: -Dos.version=10.14.

And for subscription solution, there will be patches issued for 7.0 and  6.5. Feel free to let us know if it is OK with you.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you so much for your understanding and all support over the years.

Bets regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@xdshi Is it possible to provide a patch for 6.4?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello AB,

I'm not informed by R&D that there will be patches issued for 6.4. Could you please create a case on talend support portal? Our colleagues from support team will look into your issue.

Best regards

Sabrina

diazsmiedts
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Sabrina, I just tried out the TOS ESB from your download links (installer .dmg file) and installed it to verify. I still get the samen crash when clicking ok in the tMap component. Will try with the zip downloadables instead and get back to you. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Download Talend Open Studio for [Data Integration | Big Data | Data Quality | MDM | ESB]:

Feel free to post your issue here.

Best regards

Sabrina

diazsmiedts
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Sabrina, 

I tried the installable dmg for TOS DI and TOS ESB, as well as the zipped TOS_ESB version 

• TOS_ESB-20181026_1147-V7.1.1.zip
  • TOS_DI-20181026_1147-V7.1.1-osx-installer.dmg
  • TOS_ESB-20181026_1147-V7.1.1-osx-installer.dmg

All of these still crash when opening the tool, creating a dummy empty job, add the tMap component, open the component and click OK to close immediately.

Is the correct version online?

Are the other community users experiencing the same issue? 

grts