Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

TOS-DI 7.0.1 with Mac OS X Mojave

Hi!

So, I upgraded to Mojave this morning.  I was trying to use a tMap component in my Designer and after I entered the editor for the tMap, I clicked "OK" and TOS crashed to desktop.

Is this a known bug or am I just running into some type of config issue?

Thanks!

Adam

Labels (2)
118 Replies
dalbagnac
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all,

For me it's ok. I'm test :

• TOS_ESB-20181026_1147-V7.1.1
  • TOS_DI-20181026_1147-V7.1.1

OSX mojave. all is correct.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I tested TOS_DI-20181026_1147-V7.1.1-osx-installer.dmg and I confirm you that the bug about tMap crash is fixed on Mac OS Mojave

Thanks

diazsmiedts
Contributor III
Contributor III

I tested again after rebooting my machine (MacBook Pro Retina Touch Bar edition 2016 running OSX 10.14.1) and Talend keeps crashing on me when using tMap. So it seems to be fixed for some, but not in my case. 

You can see for yourself, I did a screen recording (YouTube link)

screen recording talend 7.1.1 crash Mojave

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I can  also confirm the bug has been fixed on my computer. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sabrina,

I just d/led 7.1.1 and I don't have the tMap issue anymore.

Glad a fix got put in place before the GA release!

Edit:  I'm running 10.14, NOT 10.14.1.  For folks still having issues, are you running 10.14 or 10.14.1?

Thanks,

Adam

Ed6
Contributor III
Contributor III

I downloaded DI 7.1.1 from the provided link and am still experiencing the same error. Apple reset the automatic updates flag and it updated to the point release overnight.

Path: /Applications/TOSDI-7.1.1/*/TOS_DI-macosx-cocoa.app/Contents/MacOS/TOS_DI-macosx-cocoa
Identifier: org.talend
Version: 6.4.0 (6.4.0)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)

Date/Time: 2018-11-01 10:25:06.614 -0500
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.14.1 (18B75)

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000002d00
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Model: MacBookPro11,2, BootROM 149.0.0.0.0, 4 processors, Intel Core i7, 2.2 GHz, 16 GB, SMC 2.18f15
Graphics: Intel Iris Pro, Intel Iris Pro, Built-In

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello @Ed, @sm

Could you try to modify the Talend-Studio-macosx-cocoa.ini and add a line with: -Dos.version=10.14 to see if it works?

About the tMap draw issue, we have created this jira: https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TUP-21075

Here is a simple workaround. Please try to click on the "Auto map" function, since it will force to re-draw everything.

Let us know if it is OK with you and feel free to post your issue here.

Best regards

Sabrina

diazsmiedts
Contributor III
Contributor III

@xdshi, adding that line to the Talend-Studio-macosx-cocoa.ini fixed the crash of the tMap component! 

My ini file looks likes this now, the click on OK in tMap no longer crashes the studio. So this is solution for my (and @Ed ?) situation.

Thanks Sabrina for your assistance in finally getting this issue fixed using the new version 7.1.1. 

-vmargs
-Xms512m
-Xmx1536m
-Xdock:icon=../Resources/talend.icns
-XstartOnFirstThread
-Dorg.eclipse.swt.internal.carbon.smallFonts
-Dosgi.instance.area.default=../../../workspace
-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8
-Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.8
-Dos.version=10.14
-XX:+UseG1GC
-XX:+UseStringDeduplication

grts

Diaz

Ed6
Contributor III
Contributor III

@xdshi, the -Dos.version=10.14 appears to have triggered the Mojave fix to work for 10.14.1. Thank you!

Yuvi1
Contributor
Contributor

I'm facing the same tMap issue, downloaded 7.11 and installed. Add the line to the ini file, Talend wont start, it crashes.

What Am I doing wrong, your help will be dearly appreciated. 

Yuvals-MBP:~ $ java -version
java version "1.8.0_151"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_151-b12)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.151-b12, mixed mode)

part of the log:

!ENTRY org.talend.components.common 2 0 2018-11-04 20:43:12.283
!MESSAGE Could not resolve module: org.talend.components.common [680]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.talend.components.api.component; version="[0.25.0,1.0.0)"
-> Export-Package: org.talend.components.api.component; bundle-symbolic-name="org.talend.components.api"; bundle-version="0.25.3"; version="0.25.3"; uses:="org.talend.components.api,org.talend.components.api.component.runtime,org.talend.components.api.properties,org.talend.daikon,org.talend.daikon.definition,org.talend.daikon.exception,org.talend.daikon.properties.property,org.talend.daikon.runtime"
org.talend.components.api [241]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.talend.daikon; version="[0.27.0,1.0.0)"
-> Export-Package: org.talend.daikon; bundle-symbolic-name="org.talend.daikon"; bundle-version="0.27.0"; version="0.27.0"; uses:="org.talend.daikon.i18n,org.talend.daikon.i18n.tag"