Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diogenes
Contributor II
Contributor II

TOS ESB 7.3.1 - Routines "IPUtil" has compile errors | The import javax.servlet cannot be resolved

Hi,

after migrating my Talend-Project form 6.3.1 to 7.3.1 I ran into the following problem:

"org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorException: Routines "IPUtil" has compile errors
Error Line: 4
Detail Message: The import javax.servlet cannot be resolved"

The error massage only occurs by running jobs developed in 6.3.1. If I setup a new job in 7.3.1 everything works fine.

Is there my be library missing? And if this is the reason how can I import it to the whole project?

Thanks for your help!

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
diogenes
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

we found a "workaround" to fix this problem:

On "Repository" --> "Code" --> Routines --> click right on a routine --> select "Edit Routine Libraries" --> "New..." --> select a library

In my case I could select simply a jar-File provided by "Plattform".

Best regards

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi
Are you using community edition or Enterprise edition? Can you please describe the steps how migrate the project? It might be a bug, just make sure you follow the correct steps to migrate your project.

Regards
Shong
diogenes
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

about your questions:

1) Are you using community edition or Enterprise edition? 

I using community edition in both versions.

2) Can you please describe the steps how migrate the project?

I tried to different ways:

A) (may not be supported) I created a new and empty project using the exact name of the old one with 7.3.1 - then I substitute the project directory with a link to my local GIT-project directory, where my 6.3.1 project is stored. I restarted Talend and the import/registration of the jobs began - so far every thing locks fine except the error by starting the job

B) To try an alternativ I imported the old project by selecting "Import an existing project" on the screen for the project selection. In the end I got the same problem.

You announced "correct steps to migrate your project"; could you tell me the "official (or supported)" variant for migrate a project?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi
To export projects from studio, click the 'Export projects' button on the toolbar.

0683p000009M9Xp.png

In the new studio, import the project by selecting "Import an existing project" on the screen for the project selection. 

Do you have this error on each job?

Regards

Shong

diogenes
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

thanks for your input!

I tried the way you suggested, but I ended up with the same error massage, by running jobs from the project. 

So to your question - "Do you have this error on each job?"

Yes, it occur to all jobs.

Back to my first post. is it may be related to a missing library? And if so, is it possible to fix it some how?

Thanks for your help!

Best regards 

diogenes
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

we found a "workaround" to fix this problem:

On "Repository" --> "Code" --> Routines --> click right on a routine --> select "Edit Routine Libraries" --> "New..." --> select a library

In my case I could select simply a jar-File provided by "Plattform".

Best regards

ArunprasathSuresh
Contributor
Contributor

Hello All,

I am facing this issue in Talend studio 8 also.

Patch version : R2024-07 patch. Is there any recommended approach to resolve this quickly?

ArunprasathSuresh_0-1722848927110.png

Xiaodi_Shi
Support
Support

Hello,

Was this working fine and suddenly stopped working? Are you able to see Global Routines under the code tab in the Studio side panel? Any routine can't be compiled ?

Could you please try the below steps:

1. File -> Edit Project Properties -> Build -> Maven -> "Force full resynchronization POMs"
2. Restart Studio
Feel free to let us know if it helps.

Best regards

Sabrina