Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aprn
Contributor
Contributor

Talend 7.2.1 upgrading from Java 8 to Java 11 , Exception in component tLibraryLoad java.lang.ClassCastException

Hi

The current jobs in Talend Open Studio 7.2.1 that are using the tLibraryLoad component (in which I'm loading some libraries), are working with Java 8.

When upgrading the Java version Java 11.0.9, the jobs are failing with compilation errors with the following error message:

Exception in component tLibraryLoad

java.lang.ClassCastException: class jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader cannot be cast to class java.net.URLClassLoader (jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader and java.net.URLClassLoader are in module java.base of loader 'bootstrap')

Could you please help me how to solve this error? Do we need to have Java 11 compatible Libraries that iLibraryLoad trying to load?

-Thank you

Labels (2)
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Java 11 is one of supported Java environment for v7.2.1, please go to check if your custom libraries is compatible with Java 11, try to delete the library from <studio installation directory>\configuration\.m2\repository and re-run the job.

Regards

Shong

aprn
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for the replay Shong.

I renamed the libraries folder ( instead of deleting it altogether) in this path:

E:\Software\Talend_7_2_1\TOS_DI-20190620_1446-V7.2.1\TOS_DI-20190620_1446-V7.2.1\configuration\.m2\repository\org\talend\libraries;

When I ran the job after restarting Talend studio, I got the prompt of missing required libraries the ones mentioned in this screen shot;

It looks the image is not uploaded. Below are the list of libraries that I added:

advancedPersistentLookupLib-1.0-6.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

crypto-utils-6.0.0-SNAPSHOT-6.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

daikon-signature-verifier-0.27.1-20190808.081907-2-6.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

log4j-1.2.15-6.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

ojdbc7-6.0.0.jar

routines-6.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

thashfile-2.0-20170329-6.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

tns-6.0.0.jar 

I added the above by copying them from my re-named backed up libraries folder;

Tried running the job and got the same error message ( below):

Exception in component tLibraryLoad_1 (my_job)

java.lang.ClassCastException: class jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader cannot be cast to class java.net.URLClassLoader (jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader and java.net.URLClassLoader are in module java.base of loader 'bootstrap')

These are my JAVA_HOME and Path variables set up:

JAVA_PATH: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-11.0.9

Path: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-11.0.9\bin

Talend Studio config:

Window--Preferences--Java--Compiler: Complier Compliance level: 1.8 ( selection of 11 is not being saved/retained)

Window--Preferences--Java--Installed JREs--Location: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-11.0.9

Is there any thing else that I'm missing?

Is there any Talend artifact download page where we can get a specific list of libraries that are required and Java 11 compatible ?

Does it make a difference when a system admin installing the Java11 vs local admin installing it?

Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I have checked and confirmed that this was a bug on v7.2.1 when using JDK 11, this issue has been fixed on 7.3.1, you can try to make a testing on v7.3.1.

Regards

Shong

aprn
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Shong, I'll try in V7.3.1.

I tried V7.3.1 in the past with JDK 8 and ran into some issues with my processes as some of the components used in my processes were not available in Talend Open Studio V7.3.1; At that point, I upgraded my V.6.3 to V.7.2.1 with JDK8.

Another thought I was leaning towards was to try V7.3.1 with JDK 11, by using the JDK 11 compatible jar files ( the jars that I mentioned in the above thread) and see if that revolves the issue. Do you think it would help ? Is this trial is somewhat closer to the fix that has been implemented in V.7.3.1 ?

Thank you so much for your feedback.

aprn
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Shong, Is this bug in v7.2.1 with JDK11 is only in Talend Open Studio for Data Integration OR it's in for both licensed version as well Open Studio for Data Integration ?

Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It was an JDK issue since Java 9 that causes the loader failure of tLiararyLoad component , this bug exists both in community edition and enterprise subscription edition.