Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Latha
Contributor
Contributor

Upgrading Talend to 7.0

While upgrading it is mandatory to stop svn, for me on the same SVN server 3 different repositories one for dev,QA and Prod are created, if i stop svn will it affect prod? I am migrating on test server

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

It depends off your overall architecture to be honest.
Generally speaking, SVN is used a code control meaning that while your SVN is stopped to be upgraded none off your developers will be able to commit anything.

Your production shouldn't be affected (best practice is to publish to Nexus which let your SVN independent of any job being run).

If you take a step backward, your SDLC should be:

• Develop on Studio
  • Commit to SVN
  • Compile from SVN to Nexus (or straight to TAC decommisionned on v7)
  • Deploy and Schedule your job in Job Conductor which take your archive from Nexus to Job Server

Last step mean that your archive (compiled job) live in your Job Server independently of your SVN.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

It depends off your overall architecture to be honest.
Generally speaking, SVN is used a code control meaning that while your SVN is stopped to be upgraded none off your developers will be able to commit anything.

Your production shouldn't be affected (best practice is to publish to Nexus which let your SVN independent of any job being run).

If you take a step backward, your SDLC should be:

• Develop on Studio
  • Commit to SVN
  • Compile from SVN to Nexus (or straight to TAC decommisionned on v7)
  • Deploy and Schedule your job in Job Conductor which take your archive from Nexus to Job Server

Last step mean that your archive (compiled job) live in your Job Server independently of your SVN.

Latha
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks Adrien, that helped.