Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

db2 connection

windows 10 pro and talend di latest version
trying to define db2 connection
installed db2 jdbc/sqlj drivers
talend still requires db2jcc_license_cu.jar and ..license_ci..
the connection is to db2 luw and the indicated files are  only for connection to db2/Z or db2/400
they require a license for db2 connect and not needed in may case..
best regards, Guy Przytula
Labels (2)
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,
Have you already checked this online document about: TalendHelpCenter:Identify required external modules to see if the db2jcc_license_cu.jar and ..license_ci.. modules are absolutely required for your db2 connectionconnection in current job?
Some modules are not available on the Talend website but can be downloaded directly from external websites. Once downloaded, these modules must be placed in specific folders.
For the studio, the downloaded modules must be placed in the following folder:<StudioPath>/configuration/.m2
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

thanks for the update
I don't care what talend does require
I know db2 : and the ..license.. jar are ONLY required if connecting to db2/Z or db2/400 because of db2 connect and license is needed
for any connection to db2 luw only db2jcc andsqlj jar/zip are needed and for free
please see the db2 doc for details and not talend doc..
see at

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
The  db2jcc_license_cu.jar and  db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar are  not available on the Talend website.
Best regards
Sabrina
0683p000009MGVf.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

but they are presented  when defining db2 connection in a new job
host-port-db-userid-pw : ok
missing external .....
they are part of db2 connect = paying feature if connecting to db2/z or db2/400 : not needed for me = connecting to db2 luw
the other are in classpath : sqlj - db2jcc.. (for free from IBM ..)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Have you tried to download the required external jars from IBM [font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] website directly and place them[/font]  in the following folder:<StudioPath>/configuration/.m2 to see if it works?
Did you follow up document about:TalendHelpCenter:Install external modules to install external modules in talend studio?
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

thanks for the update
is the folder named /configuration/.m2 ?
you can not create a folder named, starting with dot (.)
or just configuration ?
I have copied db2jcc4.jar to this path but same result
and still complaining about license.. files (not needed in my case...
best regards, Guy
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

yes, created .m2 directory from command line and copied file db2jc4.jar to this dir : same result after restart
 best regards, Guy