Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bah602807
Contributor
Contributor

java.lang.NullPointerException error when opening a job in Talend BD 8 Studio

Hi,

Today I installed Talend BD Studio 8 at my laptop and imported the project I currently created in Talend 7.3.1 Studio.

IN standard folder, ther is no error to open and run the job but when I copied same job into Big Data Batch folder and opened the job, I got the error like below

"java.lang.NullPointerException error"

--- From errror log

Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.jface".

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.talend.designer.unifiedcomponent.UnifiedComponentService.getDelegateComponent(UnifiedComponentService.java:155)

at org.talend.designer.core.utils.UnifiedComponentUtil.getDelegateComponent(UnifiedComponentUtil.java:99)

at org.talend.designer.core.ui.editor.nodes.Node.<init>(Node.java:490)

at org.talend.designer.bigdata.common.BigDataDataProcess.getConfigurationComponent(BigDataDataProcess.java:292)

at org.talend.designer.bigdata.common.BigDataDataProcess.buildCopyOfGraphicalNodeList(BigDataDataProcess.java:246)

at org.talend.designer.mapreduce.editor.MapReduceDataProcess.buildFromGraphicalProcess(MapReduceDataProcess.java:341)

at org.talend.designer.bigdata.common.BigDataProcess.getGeneratingNodes(BigDataProcess.java:93)

at org.talend.designer.mapreduce.util.MapReduceJobUtil.setMRData(MapReduceJobUtil.java:195)

at org.talend.designer.mapreduce.editor.MapReduceProcess.setMRData(MapReduceProcess.java:108)

at org.talend.designer.mapreduce.editor.MapReduceProcess.updateSubjobContainers(MapReduceProcess.java:97)

at org.talend.designer.core.ui.editor.process.Process.checkStartNodes(Process.java:3542)

at org.talend.designer.core.ui.editor.process.Process.loadXmlFile(Process.java:2197)

at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:654)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:591)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1462)

In reference, I recreated the workspace but still same issue.

If anyone has same issue and resolved, please share the solution.

Thanks in advance,

Han

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Move the same job from standard job node to Big Data Batch node? there are different job type, for example, some components do not exist in Big data batch job. Why you do it? Maybe I misunderstand it?

Regards

Shong

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing. I found a lot of interesting information here.

skylightpaycard.com

bah602807
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I want to move/convert the existing standard job to big data batch job so that and run the job. My question is why I can't open the job once I moved the job from standard to big data batch folder?

Subhasis2
Contributor
Contributor

Is there any solution for this issue? I am facing the same issue when i drag any component from Palette to designer

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Not defined Not defined​ , please open a new question about your issue, and provide the following information for us to be more better evaluate the issue:

-Error messages

- Product version

- Operating System (such as Windows 10, 64 bit)

- Java version

Regards

Shong