Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

"GsonDataFormat cannot be resolved to a type" when publishing

I downloaded the jar files that were indicated by the Studio and tried to publish. Error.

I restarted the Studio and tried to publish. Error.

My colleague did the same thing, he can publish without error.

How can I solve this? I am using the same version of the Studio, it's the same project, but of course we have different PCs.

Labels (2)
14 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I would highly recommend you to share the error you are getting, screenshot of the jobs you are doing and in what stage you are getting error etc. 

Please also provide the version of the Studio and the product you are using for further verification.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The exact error message:

org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorException: Job compile errors
At least job "WebshopContactService" has a compile errors, please fix and export again.
Error Line: 234
Detail Message: GsonDataFormat cannot be resolved to a type
There may be some other errors caused by JVM compatibility. Make sure your JVM setup is similar to the studio.
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.JobErrorsChecker.checkLastGenerationHasCompilationError(JobErrorsChecker.java:328)
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.DefaultRunProcessService.checkLastGenerationHasCompilationError(DefaultRunProcessService.java:380)
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.RunProcessService.checkLastGenerationHasCompilationError(RunProcessService.java:292)
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorUtilities.generateBuildInfo(ProcessorUtilities.java:656)
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorUtilities.generateCode(ProcessorUtilities.java:943)
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorUtilities.generateCode(ProcessorUtilities.java:741)
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorUtilities.generateCode(ProcessorUtilities.java:1338)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.scriptsmanager.JobScriptsManager.generateJobFiles(JobScriptsManager.java:602)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.scriptsmanager.esb.JobJavaScriptOSGIForESBManager.getExportResources(JobJavaScriptOSGIForESBManager.java:168)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.action.JobExportAction.exportJobScript(JobExportAction.java:186)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.action.JobExportAction.run(JobExportAction.java:119)
at org.talend.camel.designer.ui.wizards.actions.JavaCamelJobScriptsExportWSAction.exportRouteBundle(JavaCamelJobScriptsExportWSAction.java:393)
at org.talend.camel.designer.ui.wizards.actions.JavaCamelJobScriptsExportWSAction.run(JavaCamelJobScriptsExportWSAction.java:197)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:466)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:374)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.run(WizardDialog.java:1059)
at org.talend.designer.publish.esb.wizards.PublishRouteWizard.publishToRepository(PublishRouteWizard.java:49)
at org.talend.designer.publish.di.wizards.AbstractPublishWizard.performFinish(AbstractPublishWizard.java:116)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.finishPressed(WizardDialog.java:853)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:438)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:619)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:248)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4353)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1061)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4172)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3761)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:832)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:808)
at org.talend.designer.publish.di.actions.AbstractPublishAction.doRun(AbstractPublishAction.java:118)
at org.talend.repository.ui.actions.AContextualAction$2.run(AContextualAction.java:632)
at org.talend.repository.RepositoryWorkUnit.executeRun(RepositoryWorkUnit.java:99)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.AbstractRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(AbstractRepositoryFactory.java:258)
at org.talend.repository.localprovider.model.LocalRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(LocalRepositoryFactory.java:3377)
at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(SvnRepositoryFactory.java:336)
at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(RemoteRepositoryFactory.java:850)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(ProxyRepositoryFactory.java:2109)
at org.talend.repository.ui.actions.AContextualAction.run(AContextualAction.java:641)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:519)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:595)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:511)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:420)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4353)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1061)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4172)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3761)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1151)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1032)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:148)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:636)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:579)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)
at org.talend.rcp.intro.Application.start(Application.java:261)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:380)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:235)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:648)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:603)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1465)

This happens after clicking Finish when trying to Publish a certain route. As said before, my colleague has no trouble doing this on his machine.

Studio version:

Talend ESB

Version: 6.5.1
Build id: 20180917_0707-patch

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Could you please check the Java version where Talend is pointing? It should be Java 1.8. Please verify it under Windows -> Preferences.

0683p000009M1bH.png

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It is 1.8.0_181

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

In that case, could you please go to the code section and see the compile error.

Most probably one of your components is missing some jars.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This is the compile error. And yes, I know that it's complaining about a missing JAR. The Studio pointed it out to me, I downloaded it. I even restarted the Studio. But it doesn't solve the error.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

A clean reinstall of the Studio is the most easy way to solve the issue. But lets wait for others' opinions also.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

And this is what Studio says today. So I need to install stuff, but it won't let me. Oh, and these JARs are already on my PC.

screenshot.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

These are the libraries that the Studio claims are missing:

gson-2.3.1.jar
camel-jaxb-2.17.6.jar
camel-gson-alldep-2.17.6.jar

I looked them up in the Modules view. They have all been installed, already. So that explains why Studio won't let me install them. But it doesn't explain the compile error. Or the red/white exclamation point in the view.