Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

[resolved] Error Talend 5.4 Open Studio

Host system Windows 8.1 64bits
I instaled and configured JAVA_HOME and when i try to run the examples i got the following error:
!ENTRY org.talend.platform.logging 4 0 2014-04-01 09:26:16.909
!MESSAGE 2014-04-01 09:26:16,909 ERROR org.talend.designer.codegen.config.TalendJetEmitter - ----------
1. ERROR en D:\Programas\Talend\TOS_DI-Win32-r111943-V5.4.1\workspace\.JETEmitters\src\org\talend\designer\codegen\translators\common\Subtree_beginJava.java (en la línea 21)
public final String NL = nl == null ? (System.getProperties().getProperty("line.separator")) : nl;
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
El tipo java.util.Map$Entry no se puede resolver. Se le hace referencia indirectamente desde los archivos .class necesarios
---------- 2. ERROR en D:\Programas\Talend\TOS_DI-Win32-r111943-V5.4.1\workspace\.JETEmitters\src\org\talend\designer\codegen\translators\common\Subtree_beginJava.java (en la línea 46) <

To see the whole post, download it here
Labels (3)
17 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
You use Window installer to install talend open studio?
If so,
1) Use the manual install zip file 'Talend-Open-Studio.zip' instead of 'Talend-Open-Studio-windows-installer.exe'
2) Unzip it with winrar, not with Windows Explorer
3) Unzip it to a root drive, e.g. 'C:\Talend-Open-Studio_5.4.1\studio\', (Make sure no space in this installation path)
Let me know if it is OK with you.
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you!
Well im downloading version 3.2 because i cant find the current version 5.4.
I forgot to tell that the first time when i install with the installer ... and i starts talend, the first time i get into the workspace it show me an error. Its open the notepad and a message literally :"El nombre de archivo, el nombre de directorio o la sintaxis de la etiqueta del volumen no son correctos." => "File name, directory name or syntax of the volum tag are not correct". ... the original message shows in spanish coz my operating system ... (im from spain so ...)
Is extrange is like it cant access to a directory or something.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
You can download Talend Open Studio for Data Integration from website http://www.talend.com/products/data-integration with latest version 5.4.1(We have already provides user with a free Trial version of Talend Enterprise Data Integration product).
You'd better re-download the latest one then install it by manual as online document said TalendHelpCenter0683p000009MACJ.pngownloading and installing Talend Studio.
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ok sabrina,
I installed version 5.3.2 with zip and almost the same error in console when i try to run something:
Execution failed : Failed to generate code.

and the log says:
!ENTRY org.talend.platform.logging 1 0 2014-04-03 10:21:42.665
!MESSAGE 2014-04-03 10:21:42,662 INFO org.talend.repository.ui.login.LoginComposite - validate updatesite...

!ENTRY org.talend.platform.logging 1 0 2014-04-03 10:22:19.763
!MESSAGE 2014-04-03 10:22:19,763 INFO org.talend.core.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory - test@talend.com logged on Prueba

!ENTRY org.talend.platform.logging 1 0 2014-04-03 10:22:20.035
!MESSAGE 2014-04-03 10:22:20,035 INFO org.talend.core.repository.GeneratedJetEmitersLoginTask - Generating JetEmiters

!ENTRY org.talend.platform.logging 1 0 2014-04-03 10:22:20.045 !MESSAGE 2014-04-03 10:22:20,045 INFO org.talend.core.repository.ReadOnlyProjectConfirm - ReadOnly confirm

To see the whole post, download it here
OriginalPost.pdf
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
I have seen there is an "Unresolved compilation problem" in your current job, which probably caused by wrong component setting.
Try to create a new demo job instead of running an existed one to see if this issue repro?
Such as:tFileInputDelimited-->tlogrow
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Well i did a new job as you said and still the same error.
Ill do later what you ask me for, downloading the lastest version in zip formart and unzip it in a url without spaces and following the instructions step by step ... as a beginner! 0683p000009MAB6.png
thank you, i ll make you know any improvement!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi there Sabrina!
Thank you for everything ... the problem is solved. I'll tell you what was happening ... I instaled java jdk 1.8 at first time, and i downloaded java jdk 1.7 and installed it. I thought it would remove java virtual machine 1.8 but it didnt ... and i didnt check ...
i had to uninstall java virtual machine 1.8, and windows automactly uses java virtual machine 1.7.
i checked it with cmd "java -version" and im sure now is taking version 1.7.
I run talend projects and is working!
Thank you for the support Sabrina!
Best regards from Madrid 0683p000009MACJ.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Glad you could solve the issue. Can you click the "Set this topic as resolved"?
What's weird, is that you should be able to have two concurrent JDK version, and only set the JAVA_HOME to direct which one should be used.
But glad that it is working anyway.
Cheers
Elisa