Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nirupam
Contributor
Contributor

trestAPi giving error when selecting Java 8 as compiler in Talend Studio 8

trestAPi  using an method called org.apache.cxf.ext.logging.LoggingFeature() that has a another api called java.util.Set.of(org.apache.cxf.helpers.HttpHeaderHelper.AUTHORIZATION) which is a java 9+ supported method. when I am selecting the java compiler as JDK 8 the complication is giving me error in studio 8. but when I am using studio 7, its not generating the same code for tRest APi. is there any way to downgrade trestapi component to support java 1.8 in talend studio 8?

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Nirupam Samantha​ , the compatible Java version for Talend Studio 8 is 11, please refer to this document page, but the JDK compiler compliance level should be always set to1.8. Compile Job with other higher levels has not been fully tested and officially supported, no matter for Data Integration or Big Data Jobs. So, have a try to install java 11 and check if you have the same compilation error.

Regards

Shong

Nirupam
Contributor
Contributor
Author

My TAC is on 1.8 and I can't change the studio version to 11. As you mentioned my studio is set to 11 and my compiler is 1.8 but the back end code for tRESTAPI is using a code in backend which needs JAVA 1.9+ hence the error. How I can use the older version of tRESTAPI?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nirupam Samantha​ the source code of component is located in <studio installation directory>plugins\org.talend.designer.components.localprovider_8.0.1.20211104_0248\components, you can backup the tRest component from studio 8, copy the tRest component from Studio 7 and replace the tRest component in Studio 8, and then restart Studio 8 to local the components.