Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sailself
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

API call with qlikTicket response 400 if there's a space in other params

Background:

I recently found an issue on the newly released Qlik Sense June 2020 version. It had never happened on previous versions before. I believe the last version I have tried was June 2019 and there was no such problem. Also, this June 2020 instance is a new install, not upgraded from any older version. It is a single node cluster installed on Windows Server 2019 Datacenter with Active Directory configured. 

Symptom:

When I do an rest API call with ticket authentication, which means there's a 'qlikTicket' param in the request, if there's a space in value of one of other params in the request I got response "HTTP Error 400. The request is badly formed.". Space character could be url encoded to "%20" or "+", either way, I got same error 400.

First time I noticed this was from QRS REST API call for getting user info: 

GET https://myServer/qrs/user?xrfkey=PP4BYP8TyK4AQHi7&filter=userDirectory+eq+%27MK3%27+and+userId+eq+%27testuser%27&qlikTicket=db-ic_l4LX2c2-9U 

Request has header "X-Qlik-Xrfkey: PP4BYP8TyK4AQHi7" BTW. I got 400 error.

noticed the "+" sign in "filter" param? If I removed the filter param, the response was 200 with all the users info.

Another time it happened with single integration API: 

https://myServer/single/?appid=0bc3a0ed-9d71-42e0-8c43-7c550ee945b3&sheet=GnAzpy&select=clearall&theme=summer%20vibes&qlikTicket=eF4iAmzTXgbio1r  

This link got 400 error because the name of theme has a space in it, notice the "%20". If I removed the "theme" param or even just change it to another theme name without space, it worked perfectly. See screenshots attached.

Like I said at the beginning, it had never happened before. In my experience, those API calls with qlikTicket authentication worked perfectly from version 3.2 to at least June 2019.

Is this a bug or could be something wrong with the instance I installed? Any suggestions?

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Damien_V
Support
Support

The fix has been released in the following version last week:

June 2020 Patch 5

It will also be released in the following versions in a near future:

April 2020 Patch 7

September 2020 Patch 1

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
ahorvat
Contributor III
Contributor III

We observed the same situation, but we're on April 2020 (patch 2). Same thing happens, if qlikTicket parameter is combined with some other with spaces it throws error 400 (in our case URL contains &select=Product%20ID,XY).

Similar article is this one: https://support.qlik.com/articles/000098524
However, it's not the same problem since that one was resolved in our patch (and June 2020) and has to do with session expiration which we don't have.

So it definitely looks like a bug to me.

ahorvat
Contributor III
Contributor III

Confirmed with Qlik's support that this is indeed a bug and they're working on a fix (no ETA for now). @sailself FYI

Damien_V
Support
Support

For reference, this is the issue described here:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Support-Updates-Blog/Error-400-Bad-Request-returned-for-URL-with-...

sailself
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks Ahorvat, I have submitted a support ticket about the same day I posted this thread. It has been almost two months though, but glad to see some progress. 😊

Damien_V
Support
Support

The fix has been released in the following version last week:

June 2020 Patch 5

It will also be released in the following versions in a near future:

April 2020 Patch 7

September 2020 Patch 1

sailself
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks Damien! Just patched and tested on my June 2020. Bug fix confirmed.