Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Notwo
Contributor III
Contributor III

AWS S3 Web Connector - Qlik Sense Cloud - 403 Forbidden

Hi,

we are trying to use the AWS S3 Web Connector on our Qlik Sense Enterprise SaaS instance.

I do however get below error message when I try to save or test the connection:

The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden., HttpStatusCode: Forbidden, StatusCode: 403, StatusDescription: Forbidden, Message: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.

Notwo_0-1660744000529.png

I can access the bucket with the same credentials in PostMan without issues.

The bucket is not public

Thanks for your help,

Julian

Labels (2)
6 Replies
Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi @Notwo,

In order for Qlik data connection to communicate and establish a connection, it requires the server to allow the below IP address if the server is private.

Please refer here for IP and domain to be whitelisted: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Introduction/qlik-cloud-... 

I would suggest whitelisting the required IP's to create a connection successfully.  I hope this helps. Let me know!

Vinay

If this resolves your query, please click on "Accept as Solution" for confirmation. Thanks!
Notwo
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for your response @Vinay_B .

I will raise this to our DevOps to see if there is a whitelist filter enabled on our AWS instance. Considering that I can reach S3 from Postman though I am unsure if this issue is due to the IP address of Qlik.

Is there any documentation on what permissions the S3 access token user needs to have in S3 to pass the connection creation from Qlik? I can't see any details about that in the help articles.

Julian

Notwo
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Vinay_B 

We've whitelisted the IPs and made the bucket public and I still fail to create the connection in Qlik Sense SaaS.

Julian

jonathan_sq
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Notwo@Vinay_B,

I am facing the same issue. I can access the resource locally as well as perform a list action (no VPN or whitelisting needed) but when attempting to get it from Qlik Sense SaaS, I receive a 403 and cannot proceed.

Did you manage to make it work at the end?

smolly1621
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi @jonathan_sq , @Notwo ,

Make sure you're selecting the correct region. I was getting the same error until I selected the correct one.

Molly

jonathan_sq
Contributor
Contributor

I can confirm the selected region is correct. I had made that mistake before and it couldn't find the bucket. I believe because of the 403, it is a right problem... Which one is the difficult part to figure out.