Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marciofreireteixeira
Contributor
Contributor

Behavior of a timestamp field.

Hi.

I'm doing a select an instance from a SqlServer database that has a timestamp field with the value '2020/08/13 14: 10: 49.093333'. But, It happens that when I write this instace in a QVD file, the value of this timesstamp field is zeroed at the end Ex: '2020/08/13 14: 10: 49.093000'. His behavior is like he is rounding the milliseconds.

Would you have any tips on how to solve this problem, writing the value read correctly in the QVD?

4 Replies
Kushal_Chawda

It's probably because of your timestamp variable in Main tab of the script

SET TimestampFormat='DD/MM/YYYY h:mm:ss[.fff] ';

change the highlighted part as below up to the decimal point you want

SET TimestampFormat='DD/MM/YYYY h:mm:ss[.fffffff]';

marciofreireteixeira
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I did it, but the behavior remains the same.

marcus_sommer

You are right, Qlik is rounding the number because they has more digits as the from Qlik used numerical system could handle, see for it: Rounding-Errors 

To store the whole value you could load these values as strings. Usually much better than this is to split the value into a date- and a time-field and only if the milliseconds are really important to store them within an extra millisecond-field. Most calculations/matchings could be done in this way and you will save a lot of RAM with it.

- Marcus

Kushal_Chawda

I tried loading the data value like below

Data:   
LOAD * Inline [
Time
2020/08/13 14:10:49.093333 ];

then  I set the Timestamp format in load script exactly as data value like above

SET TimestampFormat='YYYY/MM/DD h:mm:ss[.fff]';

I can see the same value.

snapshot before Timestamp format set  (you can see it is text. Left aligned)

Annotation 2020-08-18 235132.png

snapshot after Timestamp format set  (you can see it is Timestamp format. Right aligned)

Annotation 2020-08-18 235213.png