Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can I set the limits of Qlik sense gauge to variable using the SDK?

I am creating a Qlik sense app using the SDK as part of a c# MVC project. My app has a gauge with a number of segments. Is it possible to set the limits for these segments to something other than an integer value i.e. can it be set to a measure or to a percent of a measure

4 Replies
konrad_mattheis
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

you will do that with an expression on the qlik sense side on not in the extension / SDK side.

bye

Konrad

Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

I am not an expert on the gauge visualization, but I believe the property you need to modify is the GaugeSegmentInfoLimits values of the GaugeProperties of your gauge object. I think it should look something like this (I haven't tried it though, so I apologize if it doesn't work out of the box, but at least I hope it points you in the right direction):

IGauge gauge;

var expressions = new[] {"=<expression1>", "=<expression2>", "=<expression3>"};

var myLimits = expressions.Select(e => new GaugeSegmentInfoLimits {Value = e});

using (gauge.SuspendedLayout)

{

gauge.Properties.SegmentInfo.Limits = myLimits;

}

The expressions can of course be any expression that the engine can evaluate (like "Sum(Sales)").

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

You can either write an expression to set the gauge limits as I have done below or store in a variable and call that using the same method.

SET VarLimit=<Your Limit>

=$(VarLimit)

Not applicable
Author

I have set the value in code to a Variable WIPAlarm which is given a value based on the SQL script loaded. This achieves what I was trying to do.

Thanks

properties.SegmentInfo = new GaugeSegmentInfo

{

Colors = segColours,

Limits = new List<GaugeSegmentInfoLimits>

{

new GaugeSegmentInfoLimits

{

Value = "=WIPAlarm"

}

}

}