Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capability API openApp Using Web Ticket

We're trying to use the Capability API openApp method to add a Qlik mashup within our web application (JS / ExtJS front end) using web ticketing for authentication.

However, we've been unable to find the appropriate config to add the web ticket to.  We've tried adding the ticket to the window.qlikConfig.host, .prefix, and .identity configs but those resulted in "failed: Error during WebSocket handshake: Unexpected response code:" with either a 301 or 404 returned from our Qlik server.

Is there some other way to utilize web tickets with the Capability API?

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You cannot use Mashup within your application., but you can makes your application like a Mashup

You have to use require JS in your application.

var config = { host: "myhost.com", //the address of your Qlik Engine Instance prefix: "/", //the virtual proxy to be used. for example "/anonymous/" port: window.location.port, //the port to be used if different from the current port isSecure: true //should be true if connecting over HTTPS };

require(['js/qlik'], function(qlik) { //if there's any error we catch it here qlik.setOnError( function ( error ) { console.log(error); }); });

var app = qlik.openApp("app name or id", config);

You can get this from mashup also.

You dont need ticket to embed qlik charts in your application. Ticket are for authentication.

To use ticket,have to export the ssl certificate from your QlikSense server and install in your development machine.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Is your web page running from the Qlik Server extensions directory or another web server?

-Rob

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

According to documentation I received from Qlik Support, the Qlik Ticket is not used by the openApp method. 

In order to use a Qlik Ticket with the Capability API you need to get the Qlik Ticket then attempt to access a resource (like an image) on the Qlik server via URL and append the ticket to that.  The response from that sets the Qlik session cookie and then you can use the openApp method.

With this method I've been able to get an app reference with openApp, although I haven't yet had any success using getObject to display the mashup. Baby steps I guess.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Our app is on a different server than our Qlik server, so I'm going through the Qlik mashup virtual proxy.