Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Connect failed via .Net SDK NTLM Auth when set the 'Windows authentication pattern' of VP: Central Proxy (Default) to 'Forms'

Hey guys,

I met a problem that when I set the 'Windows authentication pattern' of VP: Central Proxy (Default) from 'Windows' to 'Forms' like below:

Image.png

I will get an error when I try to connect Qlik Sense via .Net SDK with NTLM, also I tried to use hdr proxy to login but failed again, the only way I can access it is change the 'Windows authentication pattern' of VP: Central Proxy (Default) back to 'Windows', is there any solution that I can solve the probelm?Thanks in advance!

BR

Shyee

1 Reply
Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

They way I've understood it is that if you set the authentication pattern to Windows, then that means NTLM. If you're not using "Windows" then you can't connect using NTLM authentication and you'll have to do it some other way. This is an excerpt from the help page on Virtual proxies (https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/September2017/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/edit-virtual-pr...😞

"Windows authentication pattern - The chosen authentication pattern for logging in. If the User-Agent header contains the Windows authentication pattern string, Windows authentication is used. If there is no matching string, form authentication is used."