Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AG-gugelbisolutions
Creator II
Creator II

Connecting to QRS API via QPS

Hi there, I'm pretty new to the usage of APIs with Qlik Sense, especially to build a custom web app.

Reading this page I see there are basically two ways to connect to the QRS:

1. using urls like https://<QRS machine name>:4242/<path> provided that the client has a valid certificate issued by the Qlik Sense Server
  2. using urls like https://<proxy machine name>/<path>  

Given that I'm working with a single node Windows environment, I was able to start exploring the QRS API following the first way, but not the second. More precisely, these were my Postman settings:

What should I do in order to follow the second way?  I tried the next:

Labels (1)
  • API

5 Replies
Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

Simple things first: When you want to access the api through the proxy, then you should not include the port number. The proxy will take care of guiding the request to the right port depending on the URL.

But the hard thing here is getting the authentication right. One of the main responsibilities of the proxy (or virtual proxy to be precise) is to provide an authentication method. The exact set of headers you need to access Qlik Sense through the proxy therefore depends on what type of authentication method is configured for the virtual proxy you are connecting to. So you should start by checking how the proxy is configured.

Postman might not support the authentication methods you need though. It seems that it for instance has limited port for Windows authentication (NTLM) which is quite common for Qlik Sense:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/37341304/pass-ntlm-with-postman

AG-gugelbisolutions
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you @Øystein_Kolsrud, I made a mistake while writing the post and I'm actually not using ports when trying to connect through the QPS.

At the moment I'm using the default virtual proxy with NTLM and I tried the following Postman configuration, with no success:

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks 

AG-gugelbisolutions
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I made a step forwad: I realized I did not include the public IP address in the host whitelist and now, at least, I get the Qlik Sense Login Page, instead of the list of the apps.

I should probably perform a different call, perhaps /qps/ticket beforehand.

I'll let you know but, in the meanwhile, any suggestion is of help.

AG-gugelbisolutions
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Even with qps/ticket I get redirected to the login page.

Is this the intended behaviour?

Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

You'll get redirected there if the headers are not right. I'm afraid I don't know enough about Postman to know if it's possible to use it for NTLM authentication these days. I know I've tried that at some point and wasn't able to make it work, but that was a couple of years ago. Looking at that stackoverflow thread I posted about earlier it seems like it's possible, but that rather tricky.