Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Don_van_der_Gaag
Contributor
Contributor

Development of Connector for Google Tag Manager

Hi,

I've been working as a Data Analyst for my current company for a few months now and it has been my first exposure to QlikView. So far I've managed to figure things out with a few Google searches here and there.

However, our Marketing team has been expanding on our Ecommerce platform and would like analyse the effects of various promotions. There is currently very limited experience with Google Tag Manager within our Integrations team and I understand further analysis in Google Analytics is not prefered. I've been requested to look into the option of doing the analysis in QlikView instead.

Is there currently a connector for Google Tag Manager in development for QlikView? I recently found a post where such a thing was mentioned, but I can't seem to find it anymore. If so, is there a timeline for when said connector would be available, so I can discuss the possibilities with my colleagues? If there are additional tips and information on the subject, they are of course more than welcome. We're currently using QlikView Desktop Version 12.50.20000.0

Labels (2)
2 Replies
GTiscareno
Employee
Employee

you can try this two from google 

ODBC and JDBC drivers for BigQuery  |  Google Cloud

GTiscareno
Employee
Employee

there is also an API library for GTM 

https://developers.google.com/tag-platform/tag-manager/api/v2/devguide

you can use it connect and pull data if needed,  here is an example using python 

import google.auth
from google.oauth2.credentials import Credentials
from googleapiclient.discovery import build

# Replace with your own values
container_id = 'GTM-XXXXXX'
credentials, _ = google.auth.default(scopes=['https://www.googleapis.com/auth/tagmanager.readonly'])
service = build('tagmanager', 'v2', credentials=credentials)

# Get a list of all tags in the container
tags = service.accounts().containers().tags().list(parent=f'accounts/123456/containers/{container_id}').execute()

# Print out tag names and their associated metadata
for tag in tags['tag']:
print(tag['name'])
print(tag['type'])
print(tag['firingTriggerId'])
print(tag['tagFiringOption'])
print('---')