Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
huan1996
Contributor II
Contributor II

Embed QLIK Apps/Sheets in My Web Apps

My company has QLIK Cloud Enterprise and is looking forward to creating apps for external facing users. The workflow/architecture looks like this:

1. Collect Data from the Transactional Database and load into Qlik via Connectors and load script
  2. Develop a QLIK Sense App
    1. Filters
    2. Straight Table + Pivot Table
    3. KPI
    4. Line/Bar/Combo Chart
    5. Geo-Map (carto)
  3. Host this app within our company server
    1. Example: my_company.com/qlikApp1. User should be able to navigate/have the same experience as they have in QLIK Sense (SASS)
    2. Customized header and footer (in-house)
    3. Authentication. We provide external user (or client) with credential to view these apps. For example user: johndoe pass: 1111 can have access to my_company.com/qlikApp1 but not my_company.com/qlikApp2

I am stuck at step 3a and potentially 3c. After reading documentation: https://qlik.dev/embed/, I find there are multiple solutions:

Embed: iFrame/Capability APIs/nebula.js/enigma/js/.NET SDK/ Platform SDK/ qlik-embed/ Mashup

Authentication: Content Security Policy/OAuth2: 

Right now I'm overwhelmed and not sure which technology to use. There's not much documentation on this and I appreciate any learning material.

Labels (5)
4 Replies
Ray_Strother
Support
Support

Hello,

Below is the help site link on embedding Qlik Application in IFrame .

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Visualizations/embed-vis...
huan1996
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you, this is what I needed for 3a. On the security side, how should I do it? Does QLIK have native ways or I should develop in-house security for it?

Jeffrey_Goldberg
Employee
Employee

I recommend the qlik-embed route. Are you doing this with client-managed or Qlik Cloud? Is 3rd-party cookies a concern?

huan1996
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you, I am doing it with client-managed, preferably without 3rd party cookies.