Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TeunJacobs
Contributor
Contributor

Embed Qlik Sense App (dashboard) in Narrowcasting tool

Hi everyone, 

In my company we have a narrowcasting tool (MagicInfo server) where I would like to show a dashboard on. 
The dashboard contains information about the current present Emergency Reponse team members. 

To do so I've created an iFrame code, set an virtual proxy with anonymous access mode 'always anonymous user' (with proxy and load balancing included) and enabled the security rule 'StreamEveryoneAnonymous'. But still when I want to open the dashboard (on my own machine or via the narrowcasting tool) via the URL I'm getting the login pop-up. 

Does anyone got a clue how to solve this? 

Our environment is Client Managed. 

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Aiham_Azmeh
Employee
Employee

Hi,

It should work, try the link with an incognito browser session - When you open the dashboard on your machine, are you using the link that also includes the virtual proxy?

TeunJacobs
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Aiham, 

Thanks for your reply. 

I've included the virtual proxy prefix to my URL when trying to open the app. The message that I get from Qlik is as follows: 

An error occurred

You cannot access Qlik Sense because you have no access pass.

Which seems logical because it can't distinguish which user I am. But how can I give my username and/or password to the URL? In my narrowcasting tool I can only add an URL, no option to give a authentication to the Header of the request. 

TeunJacobs
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Found in the documentation that anonymous licensing can't be done when you're working with authentication based on analyzer and professional licenses. 

I've the hope that when I'm going to use a Qlik Sense user who is licensed in the header or the URL request I do see my report. At least I'm getting a 200 status back from Qlik. 

TeunJacobs_0-1675435819422.png