cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darroyo_telcomu
Partner - Contributor III

Embedding Qlik Sense Business on the fly

Hi, I would like to know if I can embed Qlik Sense Business in a custo web platform creating charts on the fly. I have seen documentation about doing this with Qlik Sense Enterprise, but I'm not sure if we can develop that feature with Business version.

I know iframe integration from Qlik Sense Business is a simple and easy way, but that option is not good for me because users can manipulate the url and access to the filters section (maybe displaying information regarding other users).

Thanks for your attention.

Best regards.

Labels (4)
2 Replies
Akshesh_Patel
Support
Support

There are different ways to deploy mashups and web apps depending on where they will be hosted. 

This qliksense for developer help page will provide you with more info: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/August2021/Subsystems/Mashups/Content/Sense_Mashups/Howt...

darroyo_telcomu
Author

Thank you.

I have followed the documentation and I have created a mashup (index.html and app.js) that displays the name of my first app in Qlik Sense Business.

I display the name of the app with this code:

// open the app, and fetch the layout:
const app = await global.openDoc(appId);
const appLayout = await app.getAppLayout();

// finally, present the app title in your web app:
titleElement.innerHTML = appLayout.qTitle;

But when I try to create a chart on the fly with the following code...

app.visualization.create(
'barchart',
[
"clienteid",
"=count(distinct gestionid)"
],
{
"showTitles": true,
"title": "Net scores"
}
).then(function(vis){
vis.show("QV01");
});

... I get the following error: "Error while setting up: TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'create')"

Maybe I should take another previous step in order to use the app.visualization.create function?