Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dennismachel
Contributor II
Contributor II

Error when Installing Data Gateway

I am installing QLIK Data Gateway on a Windows 2019 Server. However, getting the following error:- 

qlikDataGatewayErrorInstall.png

I have a attached the logs generated from performing installation.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi, In case it helps: I've checked the logs and the message before that error was:

MSI (s) (E4:B4) [18:12:02:244]: Product: Qlik Data Gateway - Direct Access -- Error 1721. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action: Install_Connector_Agent_Service, location: C:\Program Files\Qlik\ConnectorAgent\ConnectorAgent\, command: cmd.exe /c ConnectorAgent.exe service create"

And this error is more than an half hour after the action to install the connector:

MSI (s) (E4:B4) [17:38:23:990]: Doing action: Install_Connector_Agent_Service

Usual installations of the connector takes around a minute, so something looks to be preventing to create the service, I don't really know how to solve this but I would double check that the user doing the installation has administrative permissions and the antivirus or similar software is not blocking anything.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, In case it helps: I've checked the logs and the message before that error was:

MSI (s) (E4:B4) [18:12:02:244]: Product: Qlik Data Gateway - Direct Access -- Error 1721. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action: Install_Connector_Agent_Service, location: C:\Program Files\Qlik\ConnectorAgent\ConnectorAgent\, command: cmd.exe /c ConnectorAgent.exe service create"

And this error is more than an half hour after the action to install the connector:

MSI (s) (E4:B4) [17:38:23:990]: Doing action: Install_Connector_Agent_Service

Usual installations of the connector takes around a minute, so something looks to be preventing to create the service, I don't really know how to solve this but I would double check that the user doing the installation has administrative permissions and the antivirus or similar software is not blocking anything.

anat
Master
Master

dennismachel
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Error persists. I checked Windows Event Viewer for details:- 

Application: qlik-data-gateway-direct-access (1).exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException
at Installer.UI.CustomUI.Run()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Fabiano_Martino_Intelco
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi,

I installed the Data Gateway while the .Net frameworks were not installed and the setup automatically installed them.

I suggest you run the setup as administrator, if not already done.

Regards

dennismachel
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

The error was due to a software on the corporate network blocking the install. Issue now resolved.