Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aurel
Contributor
Contributor

Extend the lifetime of the monitoring apps data

Hello, I want to know if somebody knows how to extend the lifetime of the data that are used  in the monitoring apps (App analyzer, App users, Access evaluator, ...). I'm more interested in a way to extend the lifetime of the data that are used for App users. The current lifetime of my data is 1 month.

Thanks

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DaveChannon
Employee
Employee

Hi @Aurel - if you want to extend the overall amount of data in each app, then each one has a config or optional config sheet in the load script that will help you achieve this.

For the app analyzer, it has a variable called vu_track_app_meta_retention which will increase the volume of high level data.

Dave_0-1671126157612.png

Do you mean the entitlement analyzer for the user one? If so, then it's more involved as it by defaults collects the current month's data, although it will continually build history from this point forward so over time this will grow. You could update the Month_Start variable to a point in the past for the first run, which would fetch more consumption data - or remove the filter from the REST call, and then add this back in for future reloads.

Dave_1-1671127541556.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DaveChannon
Employee
Employee

Hi @Aurel - if you want to extend the overall amount of data in each app, then each one has a config or optional config sheet in the load script that will help you achieve this.

For the app analyzer, it has a variable called vu_track_app_meta_retention which will increase the volume of high level data.

Dave_0-1671126157612.png

Do you mean the entitlement analyzer for the user one? If so, then it's more involved as it by defaults collects the current month's data, although it will continually build history from this point forward so over time this will grow. You could update the Month_Start variable to a point in the past for the first run, which would fetch more consumption data - or remove the filter from the REST call, and then add this back in for future reloads.

Dave_1-1671127541556.png

Aurel
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi , how can I do the same thing for the App users (It is the app that shows the sessions data by users).

DaveChannon
Employee
Employee

Would you be able to provide the exact name of the app?

We have the available community monitoring apps listed on this page: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/The-Qlik-Sense-Monitoring-Applications-for-C... 

Aurel
Contributor
Contributor
Author

It is the Entitlement Analyzer app