Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcbsorensen
Contributor II
Contributor II

Forecasting Using Python with Deep Learning

Hello Everyone,

I have been testing AAI SSE with python. While it seems like an extremely flexible tool, I am not sure it can provide what I seek. I was hoping some of you could answer that question.

Currently, I have been able to:

1. Use LOAD ... EXTENSION ... in the data load editor with success
  2. Basic custom made functions used in expressions editor

I am mainly interested in using this extension to make forecasting using more advanced models than common ARIMA. What I am most likely going to be using are deep learning models such as long short-term memory models (LSTM). These type of models can provide predictions/forecasting with several fields as an output. Thus, the output might be 3 fields (e.g. date, shop, sales count) and 30 rows (e.g. 1 row for each future day). 

An example of Actual data:

DateShopSales 
16-12-2019Shop A55
16-12-2019Shop B54
17-12-2019Shop A87
17-12-2019Shop B65
18-12-2019Shop A23
18-12-2019Shop B53
19-12-2019Shop A12
19-12-2019Shop B89

An example of Predicted data from model:

DateShopSales 
20-12-2019Shop A55
20-12-2019Shop B54
21-12-2019Shop A87
21-12-2019Shop B54
22-12-2019Shop A38
22-12-2019Shop B25

All the forecasting examples I have seen so far, are only using ARIMA which provide forecasting with 1 field as an output (e.g. sales). The several fields as an output from the deep learning models seem to be an issue when the output is provided by using a custom function in the expression editor in qlik - fx as a line in a linechart. 

The single output is also seen in the video tutorial published by Qlik:

forecasting ARIMA.png

So to wrap this up with my questions:

• Can a custom python function that is called in a Qlik expression return several fields at once to Qlik?
    • If so can all the fields be displayed in a table (e.g. like the prediction table above)? or will it only work for specific charts?
    • As an example by using the data in the tables above; If I am creating a line chart using sales as a measure and shop as a dimension into several lines. Will I be able to use the predicted data to create forecasting in this linechart?

Thank you so much for your time. 

Labels (1)
1 Reply
ZYJ
Contributor II
Contributor II

in the example of EchoTable_3 functions, it seems that several results have been echoed back, Haven't tried it by myself. 

A return row can have mutiple Duals DataType

https://github.com/qlik-oss/server-side-extension/blob/master/docs/SSE_Protocol.md#qlik.sse.Row