Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emraan_meer
Contributor II
Contributor II

How can we get list of "Master Dimensions" with specific tags?

I am using following code for getting the list of master dimensions. Once i have the list i filter it on specific required tags:

app.getList("DimensionList", function (reply) {
      console.log("reply = ", reply);
});

This implementation has an initial hit because we are getting a full list of Master Dimensions in start and then filtering them on tags.

i want some better approach in which i pick only those "Master Dimensions" from engine that have my required tag. Something like following (but it doesn't work):

app.createGenericObject({
         qDimensionListDef : {
         qType: "dimension", qData: { tags: "MyTag" }
    }, function(reply){
	console.log("reply = ", reply);
    }
});
Labels (1)
1 Reply
Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

Hi! I don't think there is anyway to filter on the dimension list based on tags. The only filter you can use is "qType".

But you might want to look into the filtering capabilities on the QRS-side. There you can apply filters to the app objects, but you will have to use the QMC tag mechanism instead of the engine tags. Then you should be able to call an endpoint along these lines:

GET /qrs/app/object/full?filter=objectType+eq+'dimension'+and+tags.name+eq+'MyTag'

But on the other hand, I don't think there is an easy way to set tags for dimensions in the QMC, so you would probably have to go through the QRS API to do that as well.