Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paul_McGovern
Contributor
Contributor

How to cancel creation of a HyperCube?

I am writing a Qlik Sense extension that creates HyperCubes to generate buckets for histograms using the CLASS function. It works without issue using createCube() and an expression using CLASS for the value of qFieldDefs.

The problem I have is that some of the data sets number in the tens of millions of records, and the call to createCube() can take as long as 30 seconds to return. It appears a selection cannot be applied to the given field until after the cube is created. This delay is problematic, and I would like to abort the creation of the HyperCube before applying the selection to the field.

The call to createCube() returns an object with a single member, state, which is set to 0.

The destroySessionObject() can be used to delete an existing HyperCube, but it requires an object ID. The ID is available in the handler passed to createCube(), but this function only gets called after the cube has been created.  

Is there a way to cancel the creation of a HyperCube?

1 Reply
Paul_McGovern
Contributor
Contributor
Author

There are methods in the .Net API to abort requests, but is there anything similar in the JavaScript APIs?