Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marksouzacosta
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

How to get Bookmark Set expression using .NET SDK

Good day everyone,

Using the .NET SDK I was able to return from an App its Bookmarks with the following properties:

• Title
  • Description
  • SelectionFields
  • SheetID

However, I'm looking for a way to get the Set expression as illustrated in the screen shot below:mark_costa_0-1598992424072.png

Any help you this will be very appreciated.

Thank you,

Mark Costa

Read more at Data Voyagers - datavoyagers.net
Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

There's a method called "GetSetAnalysis" which is called on the app. You'll find it's documentation at this page (though you'll have to scroll quite far down to get to it, so a search is a good idea...):

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/June2020/Subsystems/NetSDKAPIref/Content/Qlik.Engine.App...

The signature of the method looks like this:

public string GetSetAnalysis([QixName("qStateName")] string stateName = null, [QixName("qBookmarkId")] string bookmarkId = null)

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

There's a method called "GetSetAnalysis" which is called on the app. You'll find it's documentation at this page (though you'll have to scroll quite far down to get to it, so a search is a good idea...):

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/June2020/Subsystems/NetSDKAPIref/Content/Qlik.Engine.App...

The signature of the method looks like this:

public string GetSetAnalysis([QixName("qStateName")] string stateName = null, [QixName("qBookmarkId")] string bookmarkId = null)

marksouzacosta
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

You rock again Yko. Thank you very much. It worked.

For the ones facing the same challenge, here is part of my test code to capture the Bookmark Set Analysis:

mark_costa_0-1599078045685.png

Read more at Data Voyagers - datavoyagers.net
Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

I'm glad it worked out for you! I was at first rather surprised to see that that method was an App method and not a member of the class GenericBookmark, but the reason is that you can call the method without a bookmark ID in which case you get the set analysis for the current selection. Learning something every day!

dumitru-sdg
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Is there any way to set the Set expression of a bookmark?

I am trying to create a bookmark with the expression obtained from GetSetAnalysis, but I have been able yet.

Mahmudh
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello,

How to create a new bookmark with  the Set expression?  Is that possible with the .NET SDK? 

NB. I think the above thread is about setExpression to an an exiting bookmark?