Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brownie
Contributor III
Contributor III

LinkedIn API for retrieving apps data through postman to create a connection with Qlik Sense

hey !

It's been a while since i've been trying to figure this out but i am unable to do so. Everywhere i find videos for Sign In and Share on but none for the real time data such as followers and other details. 

Labels (5)
4 Replies
NadiaB
Support
Support

hi @Brownie 

Based on the following documentation:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/linkedin/marketing/integrations/community-management/organizations...

REST Connector should be the way to go, they have an example in curl that shows the parameters to pass from where you can get those if you want to test in Postman first. 

There is more documentation available here:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/REST_connector_help/Content/Connectors_REST/Create...

Hope it helps!

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm
Brownie
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

The thing is i have already been through these documents. But still thankyou soo  much Nadia.

jprdonnelly
Employee
Employee

@Brownie,

The link that @NadiaB provided to Microsoft documentation will allow you to use the LinkedIn Community Management API to pull data about an Organization identity on that platform using a REST connection. The bottom of that page lists the requirements for applying to have access to that API.

It is my personal understanding that LinkedIn does not provide external access to data like that about individual accounts/users, including your own, via API.

All of LinkedIn's public API products are listed on this page.

- @jprdonnelly
Brownie
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Is there any chance you could show me an example through screenshots or
short demo video or something like that?