Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deepak_km1989
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Monitoring Apps reload failure

Hi found this weird error when loading the monitoring apps.

The following error occurred:

Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: <. Path '', line 0, position 0.

The error occurred here:
SQL SELECT
(SELECT
"id",
"userId",
"userDirectory",
"__FK_user"
FROM "user" FK "__FK_user")
FROM JSON (wrap on) "root" PK "__KEY_root"

Sometimes this error:

Connector reply error: Unable to connect to database:
Error message:
Please check the values for Username‚ Password‚ Host and other properties.

Description: Access credentials are not valid for this connection.

The error occurred here:
db_check:
SELECT "id"
FROM "public"."log_entries"
WHERE "entry_timestamp" >= '2019-09-24 08:54:43'

Can anyone help me out in debugging this and help me running those Monitoring apps please.

Labels (4)
9 Replies
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

It is likely to be caused by forms being exposed on the prefixless virtual proxy. Reference https://support.qlik.com/articles/000024080 to resolve.

deepak_km1989
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks that helped to some extent.

I have couple of questions on this after setting up Monitoring Apps:

1. Will i be able to get a count of users who access qlik sense over a period.

2. Count of users accessed a particular App say 'A1' inside Stream A over a period.

3. Count of Users accessed a particular App say 'B2' inside  Stream B over a period.

4. Duration a user spends on a particular app. Login and Logout time specifically.

Will these info be available.?

deepak_km1989
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Now i'm not able to load Log_monitor and Sense System Performance Analyzer app,

QLogs connection errors i'm getting. Password for this we don't remember.

So what can be done here to get this running

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

1-4 can be addressed in the Session Details sheet of the Operations Monitor

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

> QLogs connection errors i'm getting. Password for this we don't remember.

Reset the password using the setup command, update the connection string using the update command, and then change the password in the QLogs data connection to reflect the accurate password specified in the commands used before.

Documentation Reference: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2019/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Sense_Dep...

Walk through:

• "C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Logging"\Qlik.Logging.Service.exe setup --hostname FQDNofTheDatabase --port 4432 --postgres_user postgres --postgres_pswd PostgresUserPassword --writer_pswd IntendedWritePassword --reader_pswd IntendedReaderPassword
    • Note: If your password for any of these accounts has special characters, you may need to wrap the password in double quotes. Example --postgres_pswd "p@$$\/\/0rd". Strictly speaking the special characters for Windows command line are <, >, |, &, and ^. But wrapping the passwords in double quotes will eliminate any confusion here.
    • Note: This was written assuming a default installation path. You may need to adjust the path from "C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Logging"\ to your installation path.
  • "C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Logging"\Qlik.Logging.Service.exe update --hostname FQDNofTheDatabase --port 4432 --postgres_user postgres --postgres_pswd PostgresUserPassword  --writer_pswd IntendedWritePassword --reader_pswd IntendedReaderPassword --archive_age 7 --purge_age 30 --maximum_db_size_in_gb 5 --database_logging on

deepak_km1989
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

I hope doing a reset password for Postgre qlogs_reader won't break any already running applications.

Will doing this update affect the other qlik services?

deepak_km1989
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

I executed this

Qlik.Logging.Service.exe update --hostname FQDN --port 4432 --postgres_user qlogs_reader --reader_pswd qlogsreader --archive_age 7 --purge_age 30 --maximum_db_size_in_gb 5 --database_logging on

But i got this error:

Successfully updated the configuration file
Failed to update the database settings

for :

Qlik.Logging.Service.exe update validate

Failed to validate logging database. Database does not exist or is an invalid version.

Qlik.Logging.Service.exe update version

Qlik Logging Service version : 1.12.1
Failed to get DB Server version

may i know what could be wrong.

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Run the command in an elevated command prompt. Otherwise, I'd contact Qlik Support for more thorough troubleshooting.

deepak_km1989
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

I ran the command with the elevated command prompt.but even then it gives me the same error.