Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alessandrovernile
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

.NET sdk Filter Datetime column

I need to filter a table on Qlik Cloud and then retrieve the data using GetHyperCubeDataAsync. The filter works correctly when I apply it to a string column, but it doesn't work when I try to apply it to the 'Inizio' column, which is a date. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

IQcsLocation location = QcsLocation.FromUri(qlikApiUrl);

location.AsApiKey(qlikApiKey);

using (IApp app = location.App(qlikAppId))
                {                   
                    //string identifFilter = "2-7-1-12-30";

DateTime dateTime = new DateTime(2023, 6, 13, 10, 40, 42, DateTimeKind.Utc);

//var identifField = app.GetField("Identificativo");

// Applica i filtri sulle date
                    var inizioField = app.GetField("Inizio");
                    var fineField = app.GetField("Fine");

// Converti le date nel formato richiesto
                    DateTime dataInizio = DateTime.ParseExact(dataInizioFilter, "M/d/yyyy h:mm:ss tt", CultureInfo.InvariantCulture);
                    //DateTime dataFine = DateTime.ParseExact(dataFineFilter, "M/d/yyyy", CultureInfo.InvariantCulture);

var inizioFieldValues = new List<FieldValue>
                    {
                        new FieldValue{ IsNumeric = true, Number = dateTime.ToOADate() }                         
                    };

inizioField.SelectValues(inizioFieldValues.ToArray(), true);
}

This is my qlik table:

alessandrovernile_1-1720544602920.png

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

Matching on float point values is always tricky. Are you sure there is not a millisecond part to those timestamp that you miss? The string formatting of timestamps often hides that part. And also, I'm not sure if the C# "ToOADate" produces the number in the format that Qlik uses, but perhaps you've already verified that.

You could potentially do a match based on the string representation of the timestamp. You already seem to have the "dataInzioFilter" available. With that you should be able to do something like this:

inzioField.Select(dataInzioFilter);

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

Matching on float point values is always tricky. Are you sure there is not a millisecond part to those timestamp that you miss? The string formatting of timestamps often hides that part. And also, I'm not sure if the C# "ToOADate" produces the number in the format that Qlik uses, but perhaps you've already verified that.

You could potentially do a match based on the string representation of the timestamp. You already seem to have the "dataInzioFilter" available. With that you should be able to do something like this:

inzioField.Select(dataInzioFilter);
alessandrovernile
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

ok thanks,
How do I filter the field within a date range instead? I tried this way but it doesn't work:

var fineField = app.GetField("Fine");                   
//var competenzaField = app.GetField("Gestione di Competenza");                   
//var fineField = app.GetField("Fine");                   

if (!string.IsNullOrWhiteSpace(dataInizioFilter)) 
{
    try
    {
        DateTime dataInizio = DateTime.ParseExact(dataInizioFilter, "dd/MM/yyyy HH:mm", CultureInfo.InvariantCulture);
        DateTime dataFine = DateTime.ParseExact(dataFineFilter, "dd/MM/yyyy HH:mm", CultureInfo.InvariantCulture);
        //inizioField.Select(dataInizioFilter);
        // Applica il filtro sulla colonna "Fine"
        //string dateFilterExpression = $"=[Fine] >= '{dataInizio:yyyy-MM-dd}' AND [Fine] <= '{dataFine:yyyy-MM-dd}'";
        string dateFilterExpression = $"=[Fine] >= '{dataInizio:dd/MM/yyyy HH:mm}' AND [Fine] <= '{dataFine:dd/MM/yyyy HH:mm}'";
        fineField.Select(dateFilterExpression);
        //fineField.SelectValues(dataInizio, dataFine);
    }
    catch
    {
        return req.CreateResponse(HttpStatusCode.BadRequest, "Data Inizio non valida");
    }

}