Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bdroesch
Contributor
Contributor

Navigate From One App To Another and Retain Filter

I have two different apps that have different data models. I currently have a dashboard on each app that are related and users will use them both together frequently. I currently have a Navigation Button on one of the apps to launch you to the sheet on the other app. 

But if you are on the first app and you make some filter selections, the selections will not carry over to the second app when using the Navigation Button. Is there anyway to keep the filter selections that were made on the first app when you launch to the other? As I said the data models are different so most field names are not overlapping but there is one field that is common between the two data models that I'd really like to be able to line up. The field is really the key field that users would filter for on both dashboards.

Please let me know if there are any solutions for this.

Thank you,

Brian

6 Replies
trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

I hope you want this with Qlikview. Then look at Document chaining concept and this will transfer the selections from one dashboard to other.

bdroesch
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for the response!  This would actually have to be in Qlik Sense.

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

You are welcome. Document chaining is not possible in QlikSense but please go thru the below links which will help to build the same functionality. Hope this helps.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-Enterprise-Documents/Document-Chaining-in-Qlik-Sense/tac-p/...

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-Enterprise-Documents/Emulating-document-chaining-in-Qlik-Se...

bdroesch
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I started to use option 1 by passing the updated hyperlink in my navigation button to include the selected filters. This is an upgrade in functionality for us so thank you!

One annoying thing is it always opens a new tab. So if I am on app #1 and select filters then use the navigation button to jump to app #2 it will open a new tab (I want this to happen). But if I go back to app #1 and then click on the button again it will create a second tab for app #2. So if app 2 is open, I'd like to jump directly to that tab. Is there any chance that this is possible?

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

To my knowledge it is not possible. Let's see if someone will reply on this...

Sarvajit
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Brian

How did you implemented navigation from one dashboard to other in Qlik Sense?

Can you please guide me as I also need to implement the same in my apps.

Thanks