Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not able to run Holt-Winters

I downloaded the example app R_TimeSeriesAnalysis, however, I have not been able to run the script for the Holt-Winters method. I get the message: "Client Specified an Invalid Argument". I was able to run the example for moving averages but not this one. I also tried with a different dataset but it didn´t work.

The code, as included in the app is the following:

R.ScriptEval('library(TTR);library(forecast);forecast(HoltWinters(q$sumRain, beta=FALSE, gamma=FALSE), h=$(RainNumberOfYears))$fitted', Sum([rain]) as sumRain)

Has anyone experienced a similar issue?

What are the conditions that the data should meet?

Please help!

Labels (2)
5 Replies
maura_baltazar
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hello, Try to change the R code

'Rainfall London Forecast' sheet:

'library("TTR"); library("forecast"); forecast:::forecast.HoltWinters(HoltWinters(q$sumRain, beta=FALSE, gamma=FALSE),h=8)$fitted'

'Annual rainfall London 1813-1912' sheet:

'library(TTR);library(forecast);data.frame(forecast(HoltWinters(q$sumRain, beta=FALSE, gamma=FALSE), h=$(RainNumberOfYears)))[,1]'

Hope that helps

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately, this didn´t work for me!

I am a little bit frustrated after trying to make this work.

Thanks in any case!

Aineth

2018-02-16 8:13 GMT-06:00 Maura Baltazar <qcwebmaster@qlikview.com>:

mjones87
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Aineth,

Your R code looks the same as mine and mine is working ok.

Do the other visualisations in the qvf work ok?

Have you installed the requisite R packages (TTR, forecast)?

yannick_c
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi,

You forgot 2 semicolons after the function forecast() and at the end of the script.

R.ScriptEval('library(TTR);library(forecast);forecast(HoltWinters(q$sumRain, beta=FALSE, gamma=FALSE)

;  <--

h=$(RainNumberOfYears))$fitted

;  <--

', Sum([rain]) as sumRain)

asiic999
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello, I also have that detail, but I found a possible solution, I do not know if it is the same result.

1.- update the version of R, the forecast library works from the version 3.5.1

2.- I guess this function has to predict, but as it is up to the same year known, I think it is not the original result

R.ScriptEval('library("TTR"); library("forecast"); HoltWinters(q$sumRain, beta=FALSE, gamma=FALSE)$fitted', Sum([rain]) as sumRain)                                                

3.- The link shows how to use the predict functions using the same library
Método Holt-Winters para Predicciones en R