Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
subramani_r
Contributor III
Contributor III

Passing Values from One Extension to Another

Is there a way to pass values from One Qliksense Extension to another?

Requirement:

We need to be able to export any multiple User selected objects on a given Qliksense Dashboard with a single click of a button on multiple sheets of the excel.

Illustration:

Of all the objects on a given dashboard, when the user clicks on certain objects (or references of the object) followed by clicking on an export button. All the those exports need to be placed on multiple sheets of the excel.

My idea:

Have reference radio buttons on individual objects. Hoping to create those buttons as extensions and pass the value from these radio buttons to the Main Export button which when clicked analyzes the object ID's of the selected objects and exports it.

Question: Is it even possible to pass values from one extension to another on a dashboard.

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Akansha
Contributor II
Contributor II

Were you able to solve this issue? 

subramani_r
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Nope, I am still looking for suggestions if this is even possible to do

ErikWetterberg

Hi,

Pass values from an extension to another (or from an extension to a built-in object) is tricky, but possible. But having several objects export their data into the same excel sheet is not possible with the standard export. You would need to build your own export, probably client side. Still possible, but a big task, and you'll probably run into problems with large datasets.

subramani_r
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Erik. I have figured out the Export feature. In fact, I am able to do that on the Mashup front. The problem is with passing the values, which is easy to do that on a mashup as all object ID's are pulled in there and I can make them talk to each other. However, I was not sure how to pass values across extensions. Could you please provide suggestion as to how I can pass value between the extensions?