Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bernd_Podhradsky
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

QEP-005 / Websocket Error 4220

Hi everyone!

We are working a lot with the JSON-RPC API (both on-prem and SaaS versions of Qlik). In SaaS, however, we (as far as we can tell: randomly) receive a closed websocket with error code QEP-005 and a close reason 4220. On the documentation page (QIX | Qlik Developer Portal) I cannot find the 4220 error. Does anybody have any idea what exactly it means?

BR,
Bernd

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Marc
Employee
Employee

Do the apps you are having issues with have Section Access?

Most apps use user based Section Access, which means that the On-Prem Identity & SaaS Identity usually dont match (unless you have supplied the same UserID in the IDP token)

Outside of that, could you be trying to access objects that are not "owned" by the account you are connecting with?

Access controls in On-Prem can be a lot less restrictive that in SaaS

Bernd_Podhradsky
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hi Marc!

No section access involved and the error appears after several minutes of filtering, extracting data etc.

BR,
Bernd

Marc
Employee
Employee

@Bernd_Podhradsky Appreciate the information provided.

After investigating further, I've found that the error message "websocket: close 4220: {"code":"QEP-005","traceId":"xxxxx"}" appears to be linked to 'maxAppSizeInMemory'. This error can occur when the Engine exhausts its available memory.

In the event that this issue occurs again, I recommend logging a support case. Include the complete Error Message and the associated TraceID. This will enable the support team to retrieve more comprehensive logs, aiding in the precise identification of the root cause.

But based on the use case you described, I'm assuming that the App may be close to the maximum size and the activities you are performing may be blowing out the cache causing the OOM.