Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
subramani_r
Contributor III
Contributor III

QRS API App Export/Upload JavaScript

Hey guys.

I generated the download path for the qlik app by calling the qrs API, but unable to download the qvf by appending it with the host url, any thoughts on how to fix it?

Also the Upload gives me a ESOCKETTIMEDOUT error. Any thoughts on this?

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Joseph_Musekura
Support
Support

@subramani_r ,
when testing using PowerShell check the value of  variable $url2
If you still have issue check  you are appending the server url and compare to the value in variable $url2
Regards,

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Joseph_Musekura
Support
Support

Hi @subramani_r ,
Can you share the used script and a screenshot showing the error? Possibly add a screenshot showing the content of the dev-tool.

/joseph

subramani_r
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hey @Joseph_Musekura : Thanks a lot for the quick turn around. the download path I generate looks somethin like this
'/tempcontent/ddfe845d-5062-4817-ae55-fdd6335edb98/38fdac01-dc65-4c08-84c0-cf29dc838584.qvf?serverNodeId=73d33ba9-3052-4c93-82b0-d1e2fe38d7e4'

However, when i append the server url to it, the download doesn't commence, instead it throws a 404 error. But when I log into the central node and append it as localhost, the download takes place. Can you please help me as to what I can do to resolve this issue?

Note: I have been using stefan's node js library to communicate with the QRS API
https://github.com/stefanwalther/qrs

subramani_r_0-1640156071284.png

Joseph_Musekura
Support
Support

@subramani_r ,

The endpoint you provided seems to be correct

According to the description which explains the Post/Get process, exporting an app is done using 2 step

Can you test by using PowerShell as explained in this link https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/QRS-API-call-to-export-and-save-a-Qlik-Sense-application-usi... ?

If you succeed using this PowerShell example, then you can apply the same process in you scripts
/joseph

Joseph_Musekura
Support
Support

@subramani_r ,
when testing using PowerShell check the value of  variable $url2
If you still have issue check  you are appending the server url and compare to the value in variable $url2
Regards,

subramani_r
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Joseph_Musekura Thanks very much. It helped.