Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vishavb007
Partner - Contributor III

Qlik API & Extension

Hi All,

Greetings of the day!

I  need help on one of the extension **bleep** API. I have two questions, Pls help.

1) Is there any Api through which i can  export data from any qlik object (Let' say a table in qlik sense app) and get in CSV format, I want to get this data through api at the schedule interval.

2) Is there any extension or utility which can automate the process of exporting data from qlik object (table in any qlik app) and save it to csv.

if there is no extension pls let me know if we want to create extension what api and technology is required.

Regards

Vishav Bhatia

Labels (3)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
vishavb007
Author

How to use it, any idea. Is there any already built extension for the saame.

or this api which you suggested it will fetch data from mashups or qlik apps.

View solution in original post

Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

That endpoint is part of the engine API and will export data from a particular hypercube in a generic object. Exactly how you call it will depend on the language and environment in which you want to make the call. There are libraries available for at least JavaScript, Go and C#.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
vishavb007
Author

How to use it, any idea. Is there any already built extension for the saame.

or this api which you suggested it will fetch data from mashups or qlik apps.

Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

That endpoint is part of the engine API and will export data from a particular hypercube in a generic object. Exactly how you call it will depend on the language and environment in which you want to make the call. There are libraries available for at least JavaScript, Go and C#.

vishavb007
Author

Hi, 

Thanks for your help. I just want to confirm with this exportdatamethod class of engine api, I will be able to export data from particular hyperloop.

I want to know here hyperloop means as I want to export data from qlik objects from the qlik apps not mashups.

Can you clear these points pls

Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

Well, hypercubes in general is a pretty big topic, but you can find quite a few resources on it on the internet. Here is one that might serve as a starting point:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/November2020/Subsystems/Platform/Content/Sense_PlatformO...

But you're likely to end up needing a general introduction to the engine API if you are to dig into this. And, lo and behold! What is this? An introduction to the engine API which I have start to put together for exactly situations like this 🙂

Congratulation! You are the creator of the first thread where I got to use these 🙂 Still only half baked though, and I haven't gotten to the hypercubes part yet...