Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FrankGrimm
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Qlik Automation with Qlik Cloud Services

Hello together,

i have an APP where i use (successfully) an REST API connection to an external server.

FrankGrimm_0-1652717583569.png

Now i want to use this REST API in the Automation.

i´m able to define the Method and the Query Parameters, the path ....

FrankGrimm_1-1652717686374.png

But i´m not able to define User and password. 

Am i right or isn´t it possible to use this way to automate an external API connect?

Thanks a lot!

Frank

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hakana
Employee
Employee

Hi,
If you want to do an external call I think you should use the BASIC/Call URL block and not the RAW that is intended for calls into the QCS.

I also think that you should look into how to encode the user/password as an HTTP basic authentication header.
Something like Authorization: Basic <BASE64 encoded user:password>

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Akshesh_Patel
Support
Support

Hi,

I guess you need to use the webhook, Each automation that you create is automatically exposed as a REST API endpoint, which means that it can be called a Webhook URL to execute the Blend. You can find the Webhook URL of automation by clicking on the Start block of your automation.

How to : https://help.qlik.com/en-US/blendr/Content/blend-editor/calling-a-data-blend-via-a-webhook-url-rest-...

Thanks,

FrankGrimm
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi, thank you for your reply!

I think it´s a good idea, but i cant edit the Webhook URL.

The field "Datasource Type" don´t appears and the examples of the Webhook URL are not deletable or writeable.

Is there anything to administrate?

FrankGrimm_0-1653918516240.png

hakana
Employee
Employee

Hi,
If you want to do an external call I think you should use the BASIC/Call URL block and not the RAW that is intended for calls into the QCS.

I also think that you should look into how to encode the user/password as an HTTP basic authentication header.
Something like Authorization: Basic <BASE64 encoded user:password>