Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elarbe
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Developer API (cloud) - Exporting an app

Hello,

I'm trying to use the Qlik Developer API to export one of the apps in our Qlik Sense SaaS tenant.

Through the Python Requests library, I have checked that the authentication was successful. I now have a function that should export the app belonging to the ID I pass as a parameter.

When checking the response from the post request, I receive 201, however It's not clear to me how I can access the exported app. I have tried both with and without data but maybe I'm missing something or someone can point me to the next step.

The plan is to actually save the apps without data in a cloud to be accessed as backups. 

Can anyone advise me here on how to access the exported apps?

Thank you.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

Exporting apps is a two step process. When you call the endpoint "/api/v1/apps/{appId}/export" the response contains a Location header that points to where the app can be downloaded from. The export call only prepares the app for download, you then need to do a GET request on the result. There is an example on how to do this in C# here:

https://github.com/kolsrud/qlik_rest_sdk/blob/master/Qlik.Sense.RestClient/Examples/QcsAppExport/Pro...

You can see the location header is retrieved at line 25 in that example.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

Exporting apps is a two step process. When you call the endpoint "/api/v1/apps/{appId}/export" the response contains a Location header that points to where the app can be downloaded from. The export call only prepares the app for download, you then need to do a GET request on the result. There is an example on how to do this in C# here:

https://github.com/kolsrud/qlik_rest_sdk/blob/master/Qlik.Sense.RestClient/Examples/QcsAppExport/Pro...

You can see the location header is retrieved at line 25 in that example.