Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlik Sense Extension: Color and Data handling properties

All,

I was wondering if it is possible to reuse the standard Qlik Sense object properties for coloring and data handling (in addons). In all my extensions, I always worked in the following way:

Coloring: I ask the user to add a measure to define the coloring. The coloring can then happen on basis of the measure values or on basis of an expression. I used this approach as I didn't find the standard color property as a reusable component for extensions. Making a custom coloring section is neither an option, as the expression entered in a text box are not evaluated by the Qlik Engine. In my extension, it is just inputted as raw text and this means I should write the logic for interpreting expressions myself.

Data handling: Again, I ask the user to add a measure to define the condition for drawing the extension. I have the same problem with interpreting the expression when I create a custom property. I found the data handling addon available as a resuable component, but it returns only a blank space.

Thanks in advance,

Gregory

2 Replies
ErikWetterberg

Hi Gregory,

You should be able to add a datahandling section like this:

definition: {

type: "items",

component: "accordion",

items: {

addons: {

uses: "addons",

items: {

dataHandling: {

uses: "dataHandling"

}

}

},

Hope this helps

Erik

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Erik,

Thanks for your response. I feel a bit stupid not to think about this...

Is there any similar way of reusing the color properties?

Thanks,

Gregory