cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rpapa
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik Sense Mash Up - Bookmarks & Table Column Selection

I am developing a qlik sense mashup that essentially loads a hypercube containing the required data and loads it into a jQuery DataTable. I currently have selections and bookmarks integrated into the mashup via the APIs, however I'd like some added features that qlik does not necessarily provide. Ideally:

- When a user begins applying selections, the data filters on the table and only displays relevant rows. This currently works fine and is handled completely by Qlik's engine and HyperCubes, my added code is minimal.

- When the user saves a bookmark and then loads that bookmark, only the data that is relevant should be displayed on the table. Again, this currently works fine and didn't require much code. 

-The problem arises here: I have enabled column hiding/showing on my Datatable to allow users to decide which columns they would like to see. I want users to be able to apply selections, hide whatever columns they'd like, and when the save a bookmark to be able to keep track of what columns are selected, so when the bookmark is again loaded, the table contains only the relevant data AND columns. 

I have tried implementing several methods to combat this issue, including the use of Qlik variables to store the column headers that were selected, and another method which dynamically creates a hypercube based off the visible columns/ selected data, but each method has significant limitations that are ultimately unacceptable for my use case. 

Has anyone had such a requirement and successfully implemented a solution? If so, any guidance would be greatly appreciated. 

12 Replies
oz_moyal
Creator
Creator

Hi,
you can get all the variables with their definitions with:

app.getList("VariableList", function(reply){console.log(reply)});

rpapa
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Wow this seems to have done it, thanks so much to all. Especially @oz_moyal !

rpapa
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I am curious... is there a way to do this using the Table API that would lead to a more stable solution? I've been toying around with it for the past day or two and haven't really gotten anywhere. I'm wondering if anyone has any insight to tell me if I should stop wasting my time or if maybe a viable solution exists.