Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pablinho
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Qlik sense api search in a field's values with wildcards like '*' or '?' ?

Hi,

is there a way with the api to do a search with wildcards like '*' or '?' in a field's values with Qlik Sense version June 2017?

Because i'm using searchResults method and it works but only for specific values. for example for a field city that has values :

- London

- Bruxelles

- Berlin

if i search the string 'b' the result give me ["Bruxelles","Berlin"] but if i want to search *erlin it doesn't return [Berlin], the same for the character '?'. What am i missing? is there another method that i have to use in the API's?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ErikWetterberg

Hi,

You could use this call SearchListObjectFor method ‒ Qlik Sense

Another option would be to use the visualization API and dynamically create a listbox Visualization API ‒ Qlik Sense

Erik Wetterberg

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ErikWetterberg

pablinho
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

thanks but i want only to retrieve the values and not to select them. My goal is to create a listbox with search for my mashup that show only the values that respects the string written in the search but with the wildcards '*' and '?' 

ErikWetterberg

Hi,

You could use this call SearchListObjectFor method ‒ Qlik Sense

Another option would be to use the visualization API and dynamically create a listbox Visualization API ‒ Qlik Sense

Erik Wetterberg

pablinho
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

thank you very much!!