Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ianwickline
Contributor II
Contributor II

QlikSense Extension - iframe - unable to handle dynamic URL

Was hoping somebody could help me troubleshoot a major problem I am having.  I am developing a new Qlik Sense extension (using the Angular template/framework).  My new extension does nothing more that load an iframe.  There is one important aspect of the extension that is not working and am hoping you might be able to help/assist.  I am attempting to pass the current Qlik Sense user (their userid) in the URL (using the “get” method) to the iframe.  Unfortunately I am consistently receiving the following error (in the developer console): 

Error: [$interpolate:interr] Can't interpolate: {{currentUrl}} Error: [$sce:insecurl] Blocked loading resource from url not allowed by $sceDelegate policy. 

The iframe doesn’t load the requested web page due to this error/conflict. 

I have verified that if I “hardcode” a URL directly (non-dynamically; explicitly: “https://xxxxxx.xxxxx.com/xxxxx/xxxxxxxxx?userid=xxxxxx”) into the iframe’s “ng-src=” the iframe page loads and renders correctly within the iframe (both with and without the userid parameter being included in the hardcoded/explicit value).  The issue is when I attempt to dynamically build the URL string and pass it into the iframe’s ng-src.

Here is the source on the html page:

username: {{username}}<br>                      <!-- this line renders/loads correctly -->

currentUrl: {{currentUrl}}<br>                    <!-- this line renders/loads correctly -->

<iframe ng-src="{{currentUrl}}" frameborder="0" style="border: 0; height: 100%; left: 0; position: absolute; top: 0; width: 100%;"></iframe>

Here is the code the get’s the current user name (so you can complete the full logic that I have developed):

var global = qlik.getGlobal();

var username = "";

global.getAuthenticatedUser(function(reply){

username = reply.qReturn.split('=')[2];

$scope.username = username;

$scope.currentUrl = “https://xxxxxx.xxxxx.com/xxxxx/xxxxxxxxx?userid=” + username;                                                                       

});                         

I have attempted to use this logic in order to get a trusted URL, but this code doesn’t seem to return any value; hence the page doesn’t display/render.  What is more bizarre/interesting is no errors or warnings are displayed on the developer console either:

var app = angular.module('plunker', ['ngSanitize']);

app.controller('MainCtrl', function($scope, $sce) {

$scope.trustsrc=function(src) {

return $sce.trustAsResourceUrl(src);

}

});          

The html page when using this logic, is as followed:

username: {{username}}<br>                      <!-- this line renders/loads correctly -->

currentUrl: {{currentUrl}}<br>                    <!-- this line renders/loads correctly -->

<iframe ng-src="{{trustSrc(currentUrl)}}" frameborder="0" style="border: 0; height: 100%; left: 0; position: absolute; top: 0; width: 100%;"></iframe>

No surprise, but in both situations noted above (when using: ng-src="{{currentUrl}}" and ng-src="{{trustSrc(currentUrl)}}") - when looking in the “developer – elements” tab the iframe results are identical (note, there is no source whatsoever):

<iframe frameborder="0" style="border: 0; height: 100%; left: 0; position: absolute; top: 0; width: 100%;"></iframe>              

Have you ever developed an extension that displayed an iframe with a dynamic URL/address?  If so, how did you get around or resolve this error?  Any expertise you can provide is sure appreciated.  Thanks in advance for your support and assistance!

Labels (3)
0 Replies