Qlik Community

Ask a Question

Integration, Extension & APIs

Discussion board where members can learn more about Integration, Extensions and API’s for Qlik Sense.

Announcements
Our May 2021 end-to-end product release from Data Integration to Data Analytics is out! READ DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lmssropiat
Contributor
Contributor

QlikView and SSE Plugin Python

Please, help me. My name is Lev Gubarev. I found how integrate QlikSense and Python. It wasn't difficult. But I try to integrate QlikView and Python. I found on GitHub the following info (https://github.com/qlik-oss/server-side-extension/blob/master/examples/python/GetStarted.md😞

QlikView Desktop

1. Install QlikView Desktop (November 2017 release or later).

2. Make sure you have Python 3.4 (or later) installed as well as the grpcio package. For more information, see Prerequisites for running the Python examples.

3. Add SSEPlugin=<EngineName>,localhost:<port> on a new line in your Settings.ini file, below the heading [Settings 7]. Settings.ini is located at C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView. Insert the values for <EngineName> and <port> from the table above for the selected example.

4. Run the corresponding <examplename> python package. The easiest way to do this is to open a command prompt, go to the example\python folder and type:

python <examplename>

Insert the value for <examplename> from the table above for the selected example.

5. Start QlikView Desktop and open the .qvw file in the selected example folder.

But I have no ideas why it doesn't work. I try to cope with helloworld example (attached file):

I want opening the file SSE_Hello_World.qvw will not raise the error. When I open SSE_Hello_World.qvf there is no mistakes. Python easily connects with Sense and doesn't want to connect with View. Please help me! 

Labels (1)
1 Reply
lmssropiat
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Anybody knows smth about this problem, I really nead your help!!!!!!